Hugh Hefner Plots TV Special About Getting Dumped
By Marc Schneider Posted Jun 23rd 2011 10:36AM
It didn't take long for Hugh Hefner to move on after getting dumped by Crystal Harris -- he now calls Anna Sophia Berglund his "best girl" -- and the Playboy publisher has announced he's carrying on with a Lifetime special about the wedding, only now instead of witnessing "I Do's," viewers will watch an 85-year-old man get left by a woman 60 years his junior.
"The marriage special planned for Lifetime TV is now going to have a 'runaway bride' theme and will air in July," he wrote on Twitter Wednesday night. "Holly and Kendra were here today lending their emotional support as we shot [the special]."
Lifetime confirmed the special to PopEater but declined to offer additional details at this time. Hefner and Harris' wedding special was set to air July 13. The pair broke up about five days before their June 18 nuptials at -- where else -- the Playboy Mansion.
On Twitter, Hefner invites followers to come along with him on his daily routines, which in the past week has included movie nights ('Runaway Bride') and lots and lots of dominoes. He sent his girls on a field trip to Disneyland on Wednesday and he hung out with his son, Cooper.
Proving to be the most polite man on Twitter, Hefner answers several questions daily from followers and makes a point to use their actual names.
"Crystal is gone, Brittany. Did you miss the last week?" he said after someone asked what happened to his ex-fiancee.
Last Tuesday, Hefner announced that "Crystal has had a change of heart" and since then he's had a sense of humor about being dumped. Coincidentally Harris was being featured as the cover girl in the July issue of Playboy and being referred to as Mrs. Crystal Hefner. It was too late to pull the magazine, so Hef simply slapped "Runaway Bride" stickers on the issue.
MORE ABOUT Hugh Hefner
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Hugh Hefner Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Julia Roberts: I Can Still Recite My Lines From Pretty Woman, Notting Hill
- Andi Dorfman, Fiance Josh Murray Mock Her Famous Frown in Cute Family Picture After Bachelorette Finale
- Zac Efron Reunites With Michelle Rodriguez on Luxury Yacht in Ibiza, Spain: Pictures
- Usher Attend The 15th Anniversary Kick Off Celebration Of Usher’s New Look
- Julia Roberts Doesn't Address Sister's Death In TODAY Chat; Says She ?Wouldn't Survive' As Up-And-Coming Actress In Times Of ?Nasty' Social Media
- Jamie Foxx To Play Mike Tyson; A Look At Best-Ever Biopics
- Keith Urban 'horrified' by alleged rape, multiple arrests at Massachusetts concert
- Deep Thoughts by Monica Lewinsky: Why she stopped watching ?Orange is the New Black'
- Golfer Dustin Johnson leaves tour to seek 'professional help'
- Former Game of Thrones Star Addresses Her Recasting in the Most Hilarious (and Slightly Sad) Way Ever
- Justin Bieber Moves Past Orlando Bloom Drama, Posts Flirty Selfie With Model Pal Shanina Shaik
- Don't Ever Change, Real Housewives of New Jersey! The Ladies Throw Down at a First-Responders Party—Watch Now