Hugh Hefner Plots TV Special About Getting Dumped
By Marc Schneider Posted Jun 23rd 2011 10:36AM
It didn't take long for Hugh Hefner to move on after getting dumped by Crystal Harris -- he now calls Anna Sophia Berglund his "best girl" -- and the Playboy publisher has announced he's carrying on with a Lifetime special about the wedding, only now instead of witnessing "I Do's," viewers will watch an 85-year-old man get left by a woman 60 years his junior.
"The marriage special planned for Lifetime TV is now going to have a 'runaway bride' theme and will air in July," he wrote on Twitter Wednesday night. "Holly and Kendra were here today lending their emotional support as we shot [the special]."
Lifetime confirmed the special to PopEater but declined to offer additional details at this time. Hefner and Harris' wedding special was set to air July 13. The pair broke up about five days before their June 18 nuptials at -- where else -- the Playboy Mansion.
On Twitter, Hefner invites followers to come along with him on his daily routines, which in the past week has included movie nights ('Runaway Bride') and lots and lots of dominoes. He sent his girls on a field trip to Disneyland on Wednesday and he hung out with his son, Cooper.
Proving to be the most polite man on Twitter, Hefner answers several questions daily from followers and makes a point to use their actual names.
"Crystal is gone, Brittany. Did you miss the last week?" he said after someone asked what happened to his ex-fiancee.
Last Tuesday, Hefner announced that "Crystal has had a change of heart" and since then he's had a sense of humor about being dumped. Coincidentally Harris was being featured as the cover girl in the July issue of Playboy and being referred to as Mrs. Crystal Hefner. It was too late to pull the magazine, so Hef simply slapped "Runaway Bride" stickers on the issue.
MORE ABOUT Hugh Hefner
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Hugh Hefner Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Macklemore Admits to Drug Relapse, Blames Fame: "I Just Wanted to Escape"
- Bachelorette Kaitlyn Bristowe Shows Off Her Blinging Engagement Ring: See the 3.5-Carat Stunner
- Bachelorette Britt Nilsson Congratulates Kaitlyn Bristowe on Finding Love: "A Woman I Am Happy to Call My Friend"
- ABC's David Muir and NBC's Lester Holt neck-and-neck
- This week's top 10 paid and free apps for iPhone and iPad on the App Store
- This week's top selling movies on Apple's iTunes
- This Game of Thrones Casualty Just Joked About Her Death Way Too Soon...And It Is Not OK!
- Girl Who Has to Choose Between Holding a Toddler and Catching the Bouquet Chooses Poorly
- The Bachelorette's Kaitlyn Reveals Why She Dumped Nick Mid-Proposal: "I Didn't Really Want To"