Jerry Lewis Falls Ill Before Concert: 'He Was Pale'
By PopEater Staff Posted Jun 24th 2011 05:13PM
"He couldn't even get out of the car, he was pale and looked extremely unwell," concert venue executive Richard Errington told News.com.au.
Earlier in the day, the 85-year-old Lewis told an interviewer of his "love of Australia and great no-nonsense Aussies," adding, "It's a beautiful country filled with honest beautiful people."
Lewis sought treatment from a doctor, but it's unclear if he has actually been hospitalized.
Errington said he announced to the filled venue that Lewis was not able to perform and was surprised by the reaction he got.
"I told the audience they could have refunds but they rose as one and gave Jerry Lewis a personal standing ovation of support and said his charity could keep their ticket proceeds as a donation," he said. "It was a very touching gesture that was recorded and will be seen by Mr. Lewis when he is well."
The head of the MDF of Australia also released a statement: "We would like to apologise to people who purchased tickets for tonight's show but in unforseen circumstances, Jerry was not well enough to take the stage. Jerry is in Australia solely to raise awareness of and funds for the Muscular Dystrophy Foundation, but understandably his health is the number one priority and this takes precedence. We are very appreciative of those people in attendance tonight who nominated to donate the ticket cost to the Muscular Dystrophy Foundation rather than request a refund."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- FOX411's pic of the day
- 'Penguins of Madagascar' hatches light family fun
- 'Jurassic World' trailer debuts: Chris Pratt vs. hybrid dinos!
- 'Night Before' Oscars Party Moving to Fox Lot
- Darren Wilson Tells George Stephanopoulos He Feared For His Life
- 'Flash vs. Arrow': Watch The Trailer for the Epic Crossover
- The best Black Friday deals for videogames, movies, more
- Jim Parsons talks theater and the ?charming' ?Merton of the Movies'
- 'Frozen' Continues World Domination, Beats Barbie in Toy Sales
- George Eads, Last Original 'CSI' Cast Member, to Leave Show
- What's New on Netflix Streaming in December 2014