Report: 'Jersey Shore' To Be Recast After Season 5
By Kelly Fisher Posted Jun 24th 2011 07:05AM
"After this group comes back from Italy and shoots season 5 this summer, that will be the end for them," a source tells Us Weekly.
The insider goes on to cite the cast's high salaries and outside commitments as reasons to move on with a new group -- not to mention the publicity and paparazzi constantly surrounding them. The new cast will be "a lot cheaper," but that the current stars "will leave on a high note."
With each passing season, the 'Jersey Shore' cast holds out for a bigger pay raise, arguing they bring in the big bucks from sponsorship deals and club appearances they can't do while filming for MTV.
The "core group" -- presumably Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi, Jenni "JWoww" Farley, Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino and Paul "Pauly D" Delvecchio -- reportedly earned around $100,000 per episode to film Season 4 in Florence, Italy, this spring.
While salary agreements were supposedly hashed out for Season 5, it seems like MTV got frustrated with the cast's high demands and has decided to start over with a new fist-pumping, hair-bumping group for next summer.
We can only imagine what new nicknames and catchphrases we'll see in Season 6.
MORE ABOUT Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Sarah Michelle Gellar Reunites With Buffy Costar Anthony Head: Adorable Picture
- Leonardo DiCaprio Does Karate in Skinny Jeans on a Yacht: Pictures
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Toned, Tan Bod in Bikini: Picture
- Duran Duran files lawsuit accusing fan club of breach of contract
- Diane Keaton and Michael Douglas bond while filming 'And So It Goes'
- CBS says new 'Late Show' host Stephen Colbert to keep show in NYC