Report: 'Jersey Shore' To Be Recast After Season 5
By Kelly Fisher Posted Jun 24th 2011 07:05AM
"After this group comes back from Italy and shoots season 5 this summer, that will be the end for them," a source tells Us Weekly.
The insider goes on to cite the cast's high salaries and outside commitments as reasons to move on with a new group -- not to mention the publicity and paparazzi constantly surrounding them. The new cast will be "a lot cheaper," but that the current stars "will leave on a high note."
With each passing season, the 'Jersey Shore' cast holds out for a bigger pay raise, arguing they bring in the big bucks from sponsorship deals and club appearances they can't do while filming for MTV.
The "core group" -- presumably Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi, Jenni "JWoww" Farley, Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino and Paul "Pauly D" Delvecchio -- reportedly earned around $100,000 per episode to film Season 4 in Florence, Italy, this spring.
While salary agreements were supposedly hashed out for Season 5, it seems like MTV got frustrated with the cast's high demands and has decided to start over with a new fist-pumping, hair-bumping group for next summer.
We can only imagine what new nicknames and catchphrases we'll see in Season 6.
MORE ABOUT Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bachelorette Andi Dorfman, New Fiance Josh Murray Talk Wedding Plans; Read Nick Viall's Emotional Letter to Andi: Top 5 Tuesday Stories
- Scarlett Johansson Debuts Short Pixie Haircut: Picture
- Nicole Richie Reveals the Easiest and Hardest Parts of Being Married to Joel Madden, Talks About Motherhood
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- 'Dancing with the Stars:' Maksim Chmerkovskiy won't return as a dancer
- 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' promotional tweet criticized for 9/11 resemblance
- 'Deadliest Catch's' Keith Colburn: Washington politics hurt my business
- A Scary Horse on Pretty Little Liars, Seven Minutes in Heaven (x3) on Finding Carter & More OMG TV Moments
- Billy Bob Thornton's Dream Jobs: Game of Thrones and...Saved by the Bell!
- Chloë Grace Moretz Doesn't Want Life To Be All About Relationships: "That's Not My Style"