Report: 'Jersey Shore' To Be Recast After Season 5
By Kelly Fisher Posted Jun 24th 2011 07:05AM
"After this group comes back from Italy and shoots season 5 this summer, that will be the end for them," a source tells Us Weekly.
The insider goes on to cite the cast's high salaries and outside commitments as reasons to move on with a new group -- not to mention the publicity and paparazzi constantly surrounding them. The new cast will be "a lot cheaper," but that the current stars "will leave on a high note."
With each passing season, the 'Jersey Shore' cast holds out for a bigger pay raise, arguing they bring in the big bucks from sponsorship deals and club appearances they can't do while filming for MTV.
The "core group" -- presumably Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi, Jenni "JWoww" Farley, Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino and Paul "Pauly D" Delvecchio -- reportedly earned around $100,000 per episode to film Season 4 in Florence, Italy, this spring.
While salary agreements were supposedly hashed out for Season 5, it seems like MTV got frustrated with the cast's high demands and has decided to start over with a new fist-pumping, hair-bumping group for next summer.
We can only imagine what new nicknames and catchphrases we'll see in Season 6.
MORE ABOUT Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Trista Sutter's Daughter Blakesley Reads Us Weekly, Looks in Awe of Desiree Hartsock, Chris Siegfried's Wedding Pics!
- Ryan Gosling Attempts His Best Australian Accent, Videobombs Russell Crowe While He's Presenting at the AACTA Awards -- Watch
- David Spade Spends $900K on Souped-Up Version of Joe Dirt Dodge Daytona Car, Says It's "Too Nice" to Drive!
- Rap mogul Suge Knight behind wheel of truck in deadly hit-and-run, lawyer says
- Rod McKuen, mega-selling poet and performer, dies at 81
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Jim Parsons to play God in Broadway show
- Check Out Padma Lakshmi's Bikini Bottoms: Her Friend Thinks It Looks Like She Has a Penis!
- Scandal Just Delivered One of The Most Heartbreaking & Heart-Racing Episodes of TV We've Ever Seen
- How to Get Away With Murder Introduces Its New Big Bad: What You Need to Know and Why You Should Be Nervous