Prince William and Kate at Military Ceremony
By Christine Fenno Posted Jun 25th 2011 10:43AM
Back in April, of course, Prince William wore the distinctive red uniform of the Irish Guards when he married Kate Middleton at Westminster Abbey.
As part of this weekend's military parade, the newlyweds shook hands and paused to chat with hundreds of the troops, who lined up for the honors.
"I can only imagine what the campaign medals you receive today must mean to you," said William.
Kate, dressed smartly in head-to-toe navy blue, remarked that she was pleased to be involved because the regiment is "so close" to her husband's heart.
The BBC praised Kate's "relaxed" demeanor, in her first military appearance as a member of the royal family. She and William, who was named Colonel of the Irish Guards in February, also met privately before the event with the families of three fallen servicemen to deliver posthumous medals.
In a matter of days, William and Kate will begin an 11-day tour of North America, including a stay in Los Angeles. The Duke celebrated his 29th birthday earlier this week.
MORE ABOUT Kate Middleton
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kate Middleton Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Trista Sutter's Daughter Blakesley Reads Us Weekly, Looks in Awe of Desiree Hartsock, Chris Siegfried's Wedding Pics!
- Ryan Gosling Attempts His Best Australian Accent, Videobombs Russell Crowe While He's Presenting at the AACTA Awards -- Watch
- David Spade Spends $900K on Souped-Up Version of Joe Dirt Dodge Daytona Car, Says It's "Too Nice" to Drive!
- Rap mogul Suge Knight behind wheel of truck in deadly hit-and-run, lawyer says
- Rod McKuen, mega-selling poet and performer, dies at 81
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Jim Parsons to play God in Broadway show