Confirmed: Kim Kardashian Has Set a Wedding Date
By Rob Shuter Posted Jun 27th 2011 09:22AM
Kim Kardashian and and her basketball beau Kris Humphries have picked a date for their massive, destined-for-TV wedding, but everyone -- including close family friend Kathie Lee Gifford of the 'TODAY' show, has been sworn to secrecy.
"I've been told a particular date," Kathie Lee tells me, while refusing to reveal what it is, only adding, "Darn right [she and husband Frank Gifford] are going to that wedding."
Kim has revealed that she hasn't picked out the specific dress yet, but we do know she does want something classic and in the style of Old Hollywood. With sources telling me the wedding will be this summer, Kim better hurry up.
"The date that close friends of the family are being given is toward the beginning of August," an insider tells me. "They are looking at private estates in Los Angeles, since location will make it much easier for guest flying in to attend."
The planning for Kim's wedding is going to be very different from her sister Khloe's, who tied the knot only about a month into her relationship with Odom.
"The last Kardashian wedding was insane," a family friend tells me. "This time Momma Kris wants time to plan and prepare and make sure the entire family has time to enjoy getting ready for the big day. Kris deserves this moment ... and she fully intends to make sure every detail is just perfect."
As I previously reported, Kim and Kris are planning a massive wedding that will be televised in a two-hour special on E! Television. "Kim really wants her fans to celebrate with her on the most important day of her life," a source says.
I can't wait! Kim, my address is ...
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
MORE ABOUT Kim Kardashian
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kim Kardashian Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Nicole Kidman Delivers Eulogy at Dad Antony's Funeral: He Helped Me Through Tom Cruise Split, Was "On a Plane Hours After" Divorce
- Sheryl Underwood Reveals Why She Turned Down The Queens of Comedy on The Talk
- Survivor Recap: Look Back at 28 Seasons of Blindsides and Crazy Moments
- Big Changes In The Big Apple! Aviva Drescher Won't Return To Real Housewives of New York City, Ramona Singer's Camera Time Slashed & LuAnn De Lesseps In The Catbird Seat ? As Radar Told You First!
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting: How I found out nude pics had leaked
- Jason Aldean: Get over affair and stop calling me 'bro country'
- Gerard Depardieu says he can drink 12-14 bottles of wine a day
- Nashville Premiere Sneak Peek: Rayna Decides Who She's Going to Marry—Does She Pick Luke or Deacon? Watch Now!
- Téa Leoni Finally Addresses David Duchovny Divorce: "I Don't Know How I Could Ever Hate Him"
- First iPhone 6 Owner Drops It on Live TV; Perth Man Was "in a Panic to Get It Open"—Watch Now!