Confirmed: Kim Kardashian Has Set a Wedding Date
By Rob Shuter Posted Jun 27th 2011 09:22AM
Kim Kardashian and and her basketball beau Kris Humphries have picked a date for their massive, destined-for-TV wedding, but everyone -- including close family friend Kathie Lee Gifford of the 'TODAY' show, has been sworn to secrecy.
"I've been told a particular date," Kathie Lee tells me, while refusing to reveal what it is, only adding, "Darn right [she and husband Frank Gifford] are going to that wedding."
Kim has revealed that she hasn't picked out the specific dress yet, but we do know she does want something classic and in the style of Old Hollywood. With sources telling me the wedding will be this summer, Kim better hurry up.
"The date that close friends of the family are being given is toward the beginning of August," an insider tells me. "They are looking at private estates in Los Angeles, since location will make it much easier for guest flying in to attend."
The planning for Kim's wedding is going to be very different from her sister Khloe's, who tied the knot only about a month into her relationship with Odom.
"The last Kardashian wedding was insane," a family friend tells me. "This time Momma Kris wants time to plan and prepare and make sure the entire family has time to enjoy getting ready for the big day. Kris deserves this moment ... and she fully intends to make sure every detail is just perfect."
As I previously reported, Kim and Kris are planning a massive wedding that will be televised in a two-hour special on E! Television. "Kim really wants her fans to celebrate with her on the most important day of her life," a source says.
I can't wait! Kim, my address is ...
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
MORE ABOUT Kim Kardashian
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kim Kardashian Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Real Housewives of Orange County Season 9: Meet the New Housewives Elizabeth "Lizzie" Rovsek and Shannon Beador
- Bachelor Juan Pablo's Obscene Comment to Clare Crawley, Celebs React to His Pick: Top Stories
- Simon Cowell's Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Shows Off Post-Baby Body in Sheer Top: See the Look!
- ?Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills' Is Too Fake! Producers Want New Cast Members To Be REAL Friends With The Ladies
- Break Time: Khloe Kardashian shows Lamar Odom what he's missing
- Mariska Hargitay works to get backlog of rape tests in Detroit processed
- FOX411's pic of the day
- The Originals Shocker: Star Claire Holt Exiting the Series—Find Out What Happened to Rebekah!
- Real Housewives of New York's Shocking Confession, Glee's Tear-Jerking Nationals Performance and More OMG TV Moments
- Juan Pablo Galavis Releases Video Montage of His Best Moments With Nikki Ferrell from The Bachelor and Beyond—Watch Now!