Who's Out at 'Housewives'? Alex McCord Responds to New Report
By Rob Shuter Posted Jun 27th 2011 12:29PM
Holy catfight! The 'Real Housewives of New York' reunion special was taped last Wednesday at Capital in NYC and it was full of tears, laughter and betrayal but nothing was as interesting as one Real Housewife talking about the show in the past tense. "Cindy [Barshop] barely spoke at the taping," a cast member tells me, "And when she did talk about her time on the show it was in the past tense. She is definitely not coming back."
Also buzzing around today is a new report by HollywoodLife that in addition to Cindy, original housewife Alex McCord will also not be around for a fifth season, but in an exclusive statement to PopEater, Alex rebuffs such claims.
"If I had a dollar every time an 'inside source,' i.e. a cast member, leaked a 'story' that I was out of RHONY, I'd be a multi-millionairess!" Alex wrote to me.
A spokesperson for Bravo released a statement, telling me "No decisions have been made regarding next season and everything at this point is rumor."
The tradition of the 'Real Housewives' coming together at the end of each season to tape a reunion show has delivered HUGE ratings for Bravo. So much so that these tapings are often edited into at least two hours of TV and have recently even provided footage for a third.
"They started taping at 9:00 a.m. and didn't finish until well past 7," an insider tells me. "The first few hours where everyone is on message is always thrown away and replaced by the more juicy stuff that occurs later in the day when everyone's getting tired and letting down their guard. This year Ramona and Jill go at it."
After the taping, Ramona tweeted that it had been a wild day and that she "survived the reunion." The next day Alex McCord agreed, tweeting, "Intense day of filming yesterday for Real Housewives of New York." However, Jill Zarin, surprisingly seemed to have a great time, sharing, "OMG what a day," late Wednesday night.
Two Housewives that were noticeably silent were Sonja Morgan, who is battling an ugly bankruptcy case, and the newest housewife member Cindy Barshop.
"Sonja's struggles with her divorce and financial situation are just too delicious for Bravo to not invite her back," one insider tells me. "But it looks like Cindy already knows her Real Housewife days are over."
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- TV News -
- WTF -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Selma Blair on Playing Kris Jenner in American Crime Story: "I Don't Have Enough Good Things to Say About Her"
- Macklemore Shares Sweet Pic Napping With His Baby Girl: "There Is Nothing Better"
- Evan Ross' Sweet Birthday Message to Wife Ashlee Simpson
- 'Real Housewife' star Jill Zarin in car accident
- French Ministry hosts dwarf fashion show
- Filming begins in Dubai for new movie 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Hillary Clinton Returns to Saturday Night Live With a Message for Donald Trump—Watch Now!
- Tori Spelling Takes the Ultimate Lie-Detector Test: 5 Most Shocking Revelations From the Beverly Hills, 90210 Star
- Newlyweds Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Are the Perfect Match in Black at The Leftovers Premiere