Bristol Palin: Michele Bachmann 'Dresses a Lot Like My Mom'
By Rob Shuter Posted Jun 28th 2011 10:50PM
EXCLUSIVE: Bristol Palin, daughter of former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, says her mom has already made up her mind about whether to run for the White House in 2012 -- but will leave the big announcement up to her. That said, Bristol is more than happy to reveal what she thinks about someone who has announced they are running, Michele Bachmann, who Bristol believes has stolen her mom's look!
"I think she dresses a lot like my mom," Bristol tells me. "But a lot, a lot of women have done that the last few years. I do think it's odd, you know, seeing people with red blazers with their hair up with glasses."
Bristol added a giggle before continuing her thought about Bachmann, a Congresswoman from Minnessota. "I don't know if she's wearing glasses but you want to be hummmm, do you think that people don't notice you're dressing like my mom?"
The 'Dancing With the Stars' alum, who is promoting her new book 'Not Afraid of Life: My Journey So Far,' says that she's been through a lot for a 20-year-old Alaska girl and has stories that she hopes other young ladies will be able to relate to.
"The night with Levi is one of my biggest mistakes. I knew that if I wanted this book to have an impact on people that I was going to have to be completely candid and completely honest," Bristol tells me. "I put it all on the table just knowing in the back of my head that others can relate to these stories and hopefully learn from it."
Bristol wants to make it very clear that she is not an abstinence preacher, but rather someone who is really passionate about teenage pregnancy prevention.
"It's not ideal for anyone to be a teen mom and hopefully girls can learn from that story," Bristol tells me. "I hate the word abstinence. It reminds me of Sex Ed class. Ehhh. Its not all about abstinence. I wasn't going to have sex before I got married. For others, if that's not an option for them, you know, hopefully they will practice safe sex ... really safe sex. Just because you're on birth control doesn't mean you're not going to get pregnant."
Bristol tells me she has got a lot in common with her famous mom that she is so proud of.
"I think we are both driven, really motivated, to do what's right," Bristol tells me. "We are really religious and we know what's right from wrong. We both have a drive about us where we want to get things done for ourselves."
PopEater Took to the Streets to Ask ...
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
- Filed under:
- Highbrow -
- Politics -
- TV News -
- WTF -
- Interviews -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Celebrity Health and Beauty -
- Top News
MORE ABOUT Bristol Palin
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Bristol Palin Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- The Blacklist Recap: Red Reddington Gets Ruthless to Save His Wife
- Dancing With the Stars Season 19 Movie Night Recap: Two Perfect Scores, One Surprising Elimination
- Jason Derulo Not on "Good Terms" With Jordin Sparks Post-Split; Amanda Bynes Arrested for Second DUI: Top 5 Stories
- Family First ? George Zimmerman's Brother Robert Talks Family Rebranding And His Role Models: ?I Learn A Lot' From Kardashians
- ?The View' Feuds: Rosie O'Donnell & Whoopi Goldberg Fight In Front Of Audience – ?I'm Really Sick Of Your Sh*t!'
- It's A Presidential Baby! Chelsea Clinton Introduces Daughter Charlotte To The World – See Their Bundle Of Joy
- Wal-Mart claims Tracy Morgan, fellow passengers weren't wearing seatbelts in crash
- Amanda Bynes arrested on DUI charge
- 'Django' actress says she didn't cooperate with police because of racial profiling at 16
- Chris Martin Visits Gwyneth Paltrow on Her Birthday—Plus, Find Out Who Attended Her Private Bash!
- Dancing With The Stars: Who Went Home? Plus, Find Out Who Got the First Perfect Score of the Season!
- Donald Trump Gets Pranked, Threatens Lawsuit After He Retweets Picture of British Serial Killers