Linda Hogan Feared Hulk Would Kill Her (Video)
By Kelly Fisher Posted Jun 28th 2011 07:00PM
Linda Hogan, who was married to Hulk Hogan for almost 25 years, talked to Matt Lauer on the 'Today Show' Tuesday and revealed, once again, that she often feared for her life around her ex-husband.
Hogan is promoting her new book, 'Wrestling the Hulk: My Life Against the Ropes,' and in it writes that Hulk "tore my shirt. He threw lamps. He held me down on the bed with his hands around my throat during arguments, slamming doors, pounding walls. I was always afraid he would kill me in one of his rages."
"He did not feel remorse," Hogan told Lauer. "And to this day he hasn't apologized for any of his actions."
She never contacted the authorities about Hulk's violent behavior, saying, "I was quiet. I was afraid to say anything. Had I said something, the carpet would have been pulled out from underneath his career. ... It's scary. You don't know how far they will go."
Hogan said the turning point was when she found out Hulk had an affair 10 years into their marriage, and added that drugs probably factored into his behavior.
"The drugs were always around," she said, adding there was a "constant flow of pain pills."
Though she always knew she would one day come clean about the abuse, she claims now is the best time.
"I didn't want to add fuel to the fire," she said, referring to her very public divorce from the wrestler in 2007. "There are a lot of women out there in the world that are going through the same thing that I went to. if they can learn something from what I wrote, I hope I can help people."
However, according to TMZ, Hulk is firing back at his ex. He called into the 'Bubba the Love Sponge Show" today, referring to Linda's remarks as "delusional" and her her abuse accusation "a cold, blatant lie."
According to Hulk, Linda is just trying to exploit him and his name, saying, "Just take her and put her in the same category with the Iron Sheik and the Ultimate Warrior. They all belong together."
Watch Linda Hogan's interview on the 'Today Show' below.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Couple Leaves Waiter a $100 Tip for Bad Service; See George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin's First Wedding Photo: Top 5 Stories
- Ben Affleck Goes Full Frontal in Gone Girl, Jokes His Penis "Looks Better in 3-D!"
- Sofia Vergara, Joe Manganiello Go On Double Date With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Tatum -- See the Hot Pics!
- No R-E-S-P-E-C-T! Aretha Franklin Lets It All? Hang Out After David Letterman Taping – See The Pictures!
- Tracy Morgan Fights Back, ?Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Is Blaming Him For Deadly Car Accident
- Anne Hathaway: Fame messed me up
- Taylor Swift applauds Emma Watson's speech on feminism
- FOX411's pic of the day