Linda Hogan Feared Hulk Would Kill Her (Video)
By Kelly Fisher Posted Jun 28th 2011 07:00PM
Linda Hogan, who was married to Hulk Hogan for almost 25 years, talked to Matt Lauer on the 'Today Show' Tuesday and revealed, once again, that she often feared for her life around her ex-husband.
Hogan is promoting her new book, 'Wrestling the Hulk: My Life Against the Ropes,' and in it writes that Hulk "tore my shirt. He threw lamps. He held me down on the bed with his hands around my throat during arguments, slamming doors, pounding walls. I was always afraid he would kill me in one of his rages."
"He did not feel remorse," Hogan told Lauer. "And to this day he hasn't apologized for any of his actions."
She never contacted the authorities about Hulk's violent behavior, saying, "I was quiet. I was afraid to say anything. Had I said something, the carpet would have been pulled out from underneath his career. ... It's scary. You don't know how far they will go."
Hogan said the turning point was when she found out Hulk had an affair 10 years into their marriage, and added that drugs probably factored into his behavior.
"The drugs were always around," she said, adding there was a "constant flow of pain pills."
Though she always knew she would one day come clean about the abuse, she claims now is the best time.
"I didn't want to add fuel to the fire," she said, referring to her very public divorce from the wrestler in 2007. "There are a lot of women out there in the world that are going through the same thing that I went to. if they can learn something from what I wrote, I hope I can help people."
However, according to TMZ, Hulk is firing back at his ex. He called into the 'Bubba the Love Sponge Show" today, referring to Linda's remarks as "delusional" and her her abuse accusation "a cold, blatant lie."
According to Hulk, Linda is just trying to exploit him and his name, saying, "Just take her and put her in the same category with the Iron Sheik and the Ultimate Warrior. They all belong together."
Watch Linda Hogan's interview on the 'Today Show' below.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Wendy Williams: 25 Things You Don't Know About Me
- Original Sound of Music Star Slams Carrie Underwood, Olympian Bode Miller Opens Up About "Brutal" Custody Battle for Son: Top 5 Stories
- Drew Barrymore Teases Baby's Gender With Blue and Pink Nails: See the Picture of Her Manicure
- Utah Doctor Martin MacNeill Attempts Suicide With Jail Razor After Being Convicted Of His Wife’s Murder
- Jay Z leads Grammy nominations with 9
- Actors who played real people
- Bob Dylan's Newport guitar sells in NY for $965,000
- 2014 Grammy Awards Nominations: Justin Timberlake, Daft Punk, Kendrick Lamar, Taylor Swift, Robin Thicke & Lorde Rise, but Jay Z Rules
- 2014 Grammy Awards: The Complete List of Nominees!
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Create Kim Kardashian and Kanye West-Inspired Christmas Card—Take a Look!