Emily Maynard and Brad Womack Are Officially Over
By Kiki Von Glinow Posted Jun 29th 2011 09:54AM
"We're no long engaged," Maynard told People.
Maynard's blunt confession to her single status comes after battling paparazzi and tabloid rumors that she and Womack weren't living happily ever after once the director called cut. Now the 25-year-old blonde beauty is airing out her failed TV relationship in an attempt to end "all the media speculation" and "move on and get back to normal."
The media spotlight on Maynard's love life has made it especially difficult to protect her six-year-old daughter, Ricki -- who was less than thrilled to meet Womack during Maynard's 'Bachelor' hometown visit date.
And while Maynard has not blamed Womack for the dissolution of their relationship, he is taking complete responsibility for the couple's downfall.
"The demise of our relationship was completely my fault," the 38-year-old told People.
But Maynard insists that neither party was totally responsible for their break-up and the pair still has a great amount of love and respect for one another.
"Just because we love each other doesn't mean we're right for each other," she cooly said.
So does Maynard's no hard feelings stance on the relationship mean that she's over the heartbreak and may even be taking the reins as 'The Bachelorette'? We'll find out when she sits down with the show's Chris Harrison on July 11.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Elisabeth Moss Calls Fred Armisen Marriage "Extremely Traumatic," Mad Men Star Goes Topless for New York Magazine
- The Bachelor: The Top 5 Biggest, Baddest Splits Ever
- Lena Dunham Deletes, Apologizes For Molestation Tweet: "Even Naked Girls Get Embarrassed"
- Jennifer Aniston: I’d Like To Have Gisele’s Body
- Oscar Pistorius Murder Trial: Accused Murderer Vomits During Stirring Testimony Regarding Girlfriend’s Injuries
- Justin Bieber struggles with vocabulary, curses at court reporter during deposition
- '19 Kids and Counting' stars: We won't kiss until marriage
- ?True Detective' finale crashes HBO GO
- Elisabeth Moss Talks "Traumatic and Awful" Marriage to Fred Armisen: "I'm Glad I Didn't Have Kids"
- Aretha Franklin on President Obama's "Respect" Flub: "Spelling and Giving It Is a Huge Difference"
- Miley Cyrus Goes Face-Deep in Amazon Ashley's Boobs, Motorboats Dancer's Cleavage—See the Pic!