Emily Maynard and Brad Womack Are Officially Over
By Kiki Von Glinow Posted Jun 29th 2011 09:54AM
"We're no long engaged," Maynard told People.
Maynard's blunt confession to her single status comes after battling paparazzi and tabloid rumors that she and Womack weren't living happily ever after once the director called cut. Now the 25-year-old blonde beauty is airing out her failed TV relationship in an attempt to end "all the media speculation" and "move on and get back to normal."
The media spotlight on Maynard's love life has made it especially difficult to protect her six-year-old daughter, Ricki -- who was less than thrilled to meet Womack during Maynard's 'Bachelor' hometown visit date.
And while Maynard has not blamed Womack for the dissolution of their relationship, he is taking complete responsibility for the couple's downfall.
"The demise of our relationship was completely my fault," the 38-year-old told People.
But Maynard insists that neither party was totally responsible for their break-up and the pair still has a great amount of love and respect for one another.
"Just because we love each other doesn't mean we're right for each other," she cooly said.
So does Maynard's no hard feelings stance on the relationship mean that she's over the heartbreak and may even be taking the reins as 'The Bachelorette'? We'll find out when she sits down with the show's Chris Harrison on July 11.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kristen Bell Gives Birth, Welcomes Second Baby Girl With Dax Shepard: See Her Name!
- Sony CEO Michael Lynton Defends The Interview Decision: "We Have Not Backed Down"
- Lance Bass' Wedding Location Revealed! 'N Sync Singer to Marry Michael Turchin
- Sony defends decision to shelve release of 'The Interview,' saying studio 'had no choice'
- 14 movies that may not have made it to theaters today
- Hackers praise Sony for 'The Interview' cancellation, make new threats
- This Guy Is Casually Hanging Out With Nicki Minaj's Naked Booty (Sorta)—See the Funny Pic!
- Kris Jenner Talks Finalizing Bruce Jenner Divorce—Plus, Will They Still Celebrate Christmas Together? Watch Now!
- Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard Welcome Another Baby Girl, Their Second Child Together—Check Out Her Name!