Emily Maynard and Brad Womack Are Officially Over
By Kiki Von Glinow Posted Jun 29th 2011 09:54AM
"We're no long engaged," Maynard told People.
Maynard's blunt confession to her single status comes after battling paparazzi and tabloid rumors that she and Womack weren't living happily ever after once the director called cut. Now the 25-year-old blonde beauty is airing out her failed TV relationship in an attempt to end "all the media speculation" and "move on and get back to normal."
The media spotlight on Maynard's love life has made it especially difficult to protect her six-year-old daughter, Ricki -- who was less than thrilled to meet Womack during Maynard's 'Bachelor' hometown visit date.
And while Maynard has not blamed Womack for the dissolution of their relationship, he is taking complete responsibility for the couple's downfall.
"The demise of our relationship was completely my fault," the 38-year-old told People.
But Maynard insists that neither party was totally responsible for their break-up and the pair still has a great amount of love and respect for one another.
"Just because we love each other doesn't mean we're right for each other," she cooly said.
So does Maynard's no hard feelings stance on the relationship mean that she's over the heartbreak and may even be taking the reins as 'The Bachelorette'? We'll find out when she sits down with the show's Chris Harrison on July 11.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Katy Perry Accidentally Gives Out Her Phone Number While Sharing Video of Dog Butters, Fans Freak Out Trying to Help Her
- Max Joseph Is Back on Catfish! But How Did Nev Schulman's Guest Hosts Fare During His Absence?
- One Tree Hill Cast Reunites (Again!), Brings Back Tric Nightclub and Leyton Memories: Photos
- Scott Weiland & the Wildabouts' guitarist Jeremy Brown dies at 34
- 'Brooklyn 99' star Chelsea Peretti helped broke ball player
- Tom Hanks' son Chet Haze threatens Howard Stern
- Zayn Malik Doesn't Look Like He's Missing One Direction One Bit While on Vacation With Perrie Edwards: See Their PDA Pic!
- Alright! The Going Rate for a Matthew McConnaughey Speech Is $135,000
- Prince Harry, aka Captain Wales, Gets Ready to Return to Army Duty One Last Time—in Australia: All the Details!