Octomom on Doc Losing His License: 'He Doesn't Deserve That'
By Rob Shuter Posted Jun 29th 2011 09:35AM
Dr. Michael Kamrava, the fertility specialist who implanted a dozen embryos inside "Octomom" Nadya Suleman, loses his license to practice medicine on July 1, and though she told TMZ the doc's penalty was for "the best of humanity," she struck a different note with me.
"How could I be happy when someone has been penalized for something like this," she told me. "It's sad and he doesn't deserve that."
Making it clear that she was "not involved at all" with the Medical Board of California's decision -- which Kamrava has appealed -- Nadya notes the case was much bigger than her.
"As far as I am concerned, they investigated more in-depth with him and other situations," she said. "They did come to me and I told them the situation, and then they took the explanation and I made sure that I blacked out the donor's name so no one will know."
But as well as protecting the biological father of her eight children, Nadya also wanted to protect her doctor making it clear to everyone that she made the choices that created her fame and that she's doing what's best for her family.
"No, it's my choices that have changed my life," Nadya confessed to me. "I have to move forward and I have to push past poisonous perspectives of other people. If I'm not, then who is going to be there for my children?"
Nadya conceived her octoplets (born January 2009) and her six older children through in vitro fertilization. The media quickly dubbed her the Octomom but her life has been a mix of ups and downs ever since.
"I have raised them with such open communication that is the key to raising healthy children," she said. "You want to teach them what to do and teach them a healthy lifestyle. They are like Play-Do and you are molding them."
Admitting that her oldest six have started calling her "Octomom," Nadya tells me that she now drops them off for school in the back so no one sees. "My kids are so embarrassed."
As I previously reported, Nadya has joined up with HDNet to find love on the new dating show 'Celebridate,' coming this Fall.
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Baby -
- Health Issues -
- TV News -
- WTF -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Interviews -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Nikki Ferrell Blasts Bachelorette Producers: They "Told Nick to Say That"
- Kendall Jenner, Kylie Jenner Party with Chris Brown, Trey Songz, Cozy up for Picture at House Party
- Bachelorette After the Final Rose Recap: Andi Dorfman's Runner-Up Confronts Her About "Making Love" to Him
- ?RHOC' Recap: Barney Booty Banter! Tamra Barney & Eddie Judge Reveal Their Bizarre Marriage Secrets, Says Her ?Freak Factor' Is ?Off The Charts'
- 'Pawn Star' Rick Harrison plans stores near famous shop
- Beyonce loooking for apartment without Jay-Z, report says
- Nicole Richie Tells Oprah Winfrey About the Easiest/Hardest Part of Being Married to Joel Madden
- Miranda Kerr Talks Being Her Most Beautiful, Balanced Self: Women Should "Motivate Each Other"
- Justin Theroux Tells Chelsea Handler Why He Often Gives Their Mutual Friends Eggs—Watch Now!