Steel Magnolia's Meghan and Joshua Are Engaged!
By The Boot Editors Posted Jun 29th 2011 02:30AM
"I'd like to do it next year on my birthday (July 10)," he dishes to Country Weekly.
But Meghan isn't quite sure about her beloved's date of choice. "We were thinking about it," she says. "See, he just thinks July 10 because of his birthday and I'm going, 'Well, do you know if it's a Saturday? Is it a Tuesday?' He doesn't think about those things."
And apparently, the future groom has had a lot of time to think about those things! Joshua gave Meghan his great-grandmother's antique engagement ring prior to winning CMT's 'Can You Duet' back in 2009. We're not sure why (or how) the couple has kept this secret for two years. But we do know the reason they haven't yet walked down the aisle: a mutual bad habit.
"We're both bad procrastinators," Joshua claims.
"We're terrible," the bride-to-be confirms. "We went to Vegas for the ACMs, and we went to dinner and we're sitting there with our friends. We're like, 'We should just go get married. Why not?'"
Josh quips, "We ate too much!"
"And we were tired," Meghan adds. "So we feel like we're married, because we're too tired to get married. It's like an old couple or something."
Though they've been technically engaged for a few years now, Joshua may have to get down on one knee once again. "He's waited so long that he's going to have to re-ask," Meghan jokes.
Get more at The Boot >>
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- '19 Kids and Counting' yanked from TLC's schedule
- 'Bachelorette' Kaitlyn Bristowe: 'Not ashamed' of having sex on the show
- Flavor Flav arrested in Las Vegas on allegations of DUI, marijuana possession, speeding
- Win a Grillbot! The First Automatic Grill-Cleaning Robot
- Josh Duggar Molestation Allegations: Old Police Report Reveals New Details
- Idina Menzel Talks Upcoming Tour, ?Frozen 2,' and Starting Over
- Poltergeist Actor Oliver Robins Says Costars' Eerie Deaths Were "Just Tragic Coincidences," No Curse
- Watch a Giant Lizard Poop All Over an Us Weekly Animal Planet Video Shoot Gone Horribly Wrong
- Kim Richards' Dying Ex-Husband Monty Confirms He's Missing Daughter Brooke's Wedding: "I Was Given a Few Months to Live"