Octomom: 'Death Threats Get to You After a While'
By Rob Shuter Posted Jul 1st 2011 04:15PM
"So many death threats get to you after a certain amount of time," Nadya told me when she sat down with me in Chicago to tape my talk show, 'Naughty But Nice.' "It is serious. My laugh is actually an anxiety laugh. It's triggered panic attacks. So since last summer, I swallowed emotions for many years and I would just tell myself that they are not talking about me and I would just not think about it. Because it's not a person -- it's a parody. A person turned into a parody."
Nadya has received threatening letter that don't even have her address on them simply address to 'Octomom.'
"For a while there, I regretted it. But I cannot waste an ounce of energy because I need all of my energy and being lucid in my mind and body for my kids. Plus, what am I teaching them by living in self-pity? I knew I was strong and I knew I could deal with six children, maybe one more! Not more than double."
Now Nadya says she's determined to use the Octomom character that she believes the media has created to make money to support her family. Doing celebrity boxing matches and even appearing on the new dating show, 'Celebridate,' on HDNet.
For my complete interview with Nadya, tune into 'Naughty But Nice' exclusively on HDNet at 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Saturday.
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Baby -
- TV News -
- WTF -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Videos -
- Interviews -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Yolanda Foster Shops at Target, Still Has an AOL Account Despite Being Fabulous
- Kelly Rowland Reveals How She Lost 70 Pounds Four Months After Welcoming Son Titan
- Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Attempt (and Semi-Fail) to Wrangle a Selfie Stick: Watch the Hilarious Video Here!
- MSNBC apologizes for guest's inflammatory comment on country music
- Cate Blanchett loses patience with reporter
- Hope Solo: Dealing with a lot of my issues