Could Selena Gomez Fill Charlotte's Shoes in a 'Sex and the City' Prequel?
By Kelly Fisher Posted Jul 1st 2011 03:45PM
The latest name to add to the list? Hollywood "It" girl and Justin Bieber's girlfriend Selena Gomez, of course.
The speculation comes straight from the 'SATC' author herself, revealing to The Daily Caller she'd love to see the 'Monte Carlo' star channel Charlotte York should her prequel make it to the big screen.
"You know, I don't know...Casting is like kismet. I'm going to get into trouble for this, but I was looking at some pictures of Selena Gomez today and thinking 'she'd make a really good young Charlotte,'" Candace Bushnell said. "She's so pretty. I was like...gosh, wouldn't she be great? Am I right or wrong? I'm not good at this. If I say something like that, then the next thing I know, people are like, no!"
But one thing Bushnell, who just released the second 'SATC' prequel, 'Summer and the City,' knows for sure is that the early days of Carrie & Co. will be brought to life -- one way or another.
"Definitely something on the screen," Bushnell said of the prequel. "Big or small screen."
The author was mum on rumors that Blake Lively could take on the role of a young Carrie Bradshaw, but did comment on the two 'SATC' movies starring the original HBO crew.
"Love 'em," Bushnell said, adding she can't take credit for the films. "I wasn't involved with the movies, but Michael Patrick King, who wrote and directed a lot of episodes of 'Sex and the City,' he wrote and directed the movies and he's fantastic."
Do you think Gomez could fill a young Charlotte York's shoes?
MORE ABOUT Selena Gomez
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Selena Gomez Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Alanis Morissette said fame caused her to have PTSD
- Liza Minnelli recovering after surgery
- 'Fight Church:' Does modern Christianity feminize guys?
- Josh Safran, Mark Gordon Team for Quantico Drama at ABC (Exclusive)
- Celebrating 20 Years of 'Friends' Inside the Real Central Perk
- Nick Cannon Wears $2 Million Shoes on 'America's Got Talent'
- The high-end version of Apple Watch might cost $5K
- Liam Neeson, Bono have been working on a movie script for six years
- Andy Samberg teams with Umami Burger to create ?The Samberger'
- Michael Kors's Best 'Project Runway' Critiques (VIDEO)
- What's On TV Tonight: 'Red Band Society' and 'The Mysteries of Laura' Series Premieres, 'Franklin & Bash,' and More Picks
- 7 Sitcom Guys That Are Our Boyfriends In Our Heads (GIFs)