'Housewife' Sonja Morgan Wants to Be Like Bethenny
By Rob Shuter Posted Jul 1st 2011 07:55PM
"I'll be like Bethenny. I'll do the deals first, then the baby, then get married," Sonja told me when she sat down with me on the set of my HDNet talk show 'Naughty But Nice.' "Bethenny is funny as hell. I enjoyed my time with her. I'm going to be on E! Hollywood Story for Bethenny. She's one smart cookie, and I'm following right behind her."
Sonja has already started her own cookbook, just like Bethenny, except focusing on toaster ovens rather than being Skinny. "I have my toaster oven deal coming up, and my toaster oven accessories, and my aprons and my mitts," Sonja tells me. No joke.
"That's the reason to go on one of these shows, it's to show your tips and secrets, and to share your experiences that you have. I feel like I have lots of lifestyle tips to give, lots of beauty tips to give, lots of family secrets to share, and that's the reason to be on a show. NOT to bicker and fight. People want to learn how to grow a garden, how to pick up a man, how to cook, how to make great green juice, how to make your skin beautiful. Where to get a good pinot grigio."
Sonja divorced wealthy businessman John Adams Morgan, great-great grandson of the American Gilded Age financier John Pierpont Morgan (aka J.P. on the street) and described her marriage as a merger. "I had all the friends and family to bring to the picture, and my husband had all the yachts and the private islands. It was perfect."
"I woke up one morning, and decided I was going to be a movie producer. I put a slate of 5 movies together, and I started Sonja Productions. I spent a bunch of my money on it," Sonja revealed to me. "I said I'd put some pictures together, and it was going well. I had a movie come out with Forrest Whittaker and Gabrielle Anwar, and we got two awards, and it was on a roll. And then one of my movie deals, it was one big misunderstanding, and then they sued me, and I wasn't adequately represented, and I lost. That's ok I'm a survivor. I'll be fine. I'll take care of Sonja. What goes around comes around, and the universe always gives back. And I'm such a giver."
Now the giver has to find $7 million dollars or lose her Manhattan town house. Let's hope some of Bethenny's business magic does rub off. Because $7 million is a lot of toaster ovens.
For my complete interview with Sonja, tune into 'Naughty But Nice' exclusively on HDNet at 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Saturday.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jill Duggar, Derick Dillard Leave for Long-Term Mission Trip, "Are So Excited": Pic
- Mila Kunis, Ashton Kutcher Marry in Hush-Hush Wedding: Details!
- Khloe Kardashian Hangs With James Harden in Vegas, Rapper Trina Calls "Sloppy Seconds"
- Billy Joel marries for the fourth time in surprise wedding
- Bobby Brown performs in Atlanta, forgets lyrics and skips songs
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis secretly marry, report says
- So. Many. Tears. Bachelor in Paradise Season 2's First Promo Features a Lot of Kaitlyn's Men—and Crying!
- USA Beats Japan 5-2 in FIFA Women's World Cup 2015 Final: Beyoncé, Fergie, Justin Timberlake and More Celebrate!
- Jill Duggar and Derick Dillard "Are So Excited" to Begin Their Mission Work With Baby Israel—Take a Look!