Denise Richards Adoption Inspired By Late Mother
By Rob Shuter Posted Jul 5th 2011 07:00PM
Denise Richards shocked even her closet friends last week when she announced she had adopted a little girl, and although few details have been made public about the child we can confirm the adoption was a long time in the making and inspired by the passing of Denise's own mother in 2007.
"Denise has wanted to adopt for a long time and this was something she talked about with her mom before she passed away," a friend of the actress tells me exclusively. "She wanted to wait to start the process until things were calm with her custody of her two daughters she has with Charlie, (Sam, 7, and Lola, 6) and mourning her mom."
The actress started the process almost two years ago and didn't care if she got a boy or a girl. Her new daughter Eloise Joni -- named after her mother Joni -- is a newborn. Denise, Sam and Lola all agreed the name was perfect.
"She's got the biggest heart in the world and plenty of love to share," a friend tells me. "She learned from her own mom how to be such great parent. Family is more important to her than anything. Sam and Lola are the best big sisters in the world, so Eloise is one lucky little lady."
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
MORE ABOUT Denise Richards
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Denise Richards Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bachelor in Paradise Recap: Ashley I. Is Ready to Give Up Her Virginity to Win Jared
- Deborah Cox Once Got Paid to Get Off the Stage: 25 Things You Don't Know About Me
- Mean Girls Now Has a Candy Collection Inspired By Its Best Lines, Predictably Is So Fetch
- President to take wilderness trip with Bear Grylls
- Danica McKellar joins 2016 Miss America competition as judge
- Hulk Hogan: I'm not a racist