Denise Richards Adoption Inspired By Late Mother
By Rob Shuter Posted Jul 5th 2011 07:00PM
Denise Richards shocked even her closet friends last week when she announced she had adopted a little girl, and although few details have been made public about the child we can confirm the adoption was a long time in the making and inspired by the passing of Denise's own mother in 2007.
"Denise has wanted to adopt for a long time and this was something she talked about with her mom before she passed away," a friend of the actress tells me exclusively. "She wanted to wait to start the process until things were calm with her custody of her two daughters she has with Charlie, (Sam, 7, and Lola, 6) and mourning her mom."
The actress started the process almost two years ago and didn't care if she got a boy or a girl. Her new daughter Eloise Joni -- named after her mother Joni -- is a newborn. Denise, Sam and Lola all agreed the name was perfect.
"She's got the biggest heart in the world and plenty of love to share," a friend tells me. "She learned from her own mom how to be such great parent. Family is more important to her than anything. Sam and Lola are the best big sisters in the world, so Eloise is one lucky little lady."
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
MORE ABOUT Denise Richards
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Denise Richards Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Real Housewives of Atlanta Recap: Phaedra Parks Takes a Swing at Kenya Moore During Fight Over Apollo
- Twins Reunion: Arnold Schwarzenegger Receives Lifetime Achievement Honor From Danny DeVito in Germany
- Taylor Swift Refuses to Address Katy Perry Feud in Interview, Imagines Life at Age 30: "I'll Probably Still Be Single"
- Will Smith movie 'Focus' tops the box office
- Bruce Willis laments sudden end to action-thriller 'Wake'
- Who may replace Kelly Osbourne on 'Fashion Police?'
- Charmayne Maxwell Dead at 46: Singer Appeared in Grammy-Nominated Girl Group Brownstone
- Phaedra Parks Avoids Getting Violent After Kenya Moore Asks About Her Alleged Affair With Mr. Chocolate
- Miley Cyrus and Patrick Schwarzenegger Enjoy Disney Date Night at the "Best Place on Earth"—See the Pics!