Which 'Real Housewife' Could Lose Her $6 Million Home?
By Kelly Fisher Posted Jul 5th 2011 04:00PM
According to E! Online, Morgan is battling her ex-husband, 80-year-old John Adams Morgan, for more money in their $3 million divorce settlement. The Bravo star filed for bankruptcy last fall and needs some cash ASAP, considering she claims she's $20 million in debt.
"Sonja is devastated, she's considering the house gone already," a source told E! "She wants to sell it back to her ex-husband, so she can make that money off it and her daughter can live there, but he's refusing. She wants to keep it for her daughter, but it seems she'll have to sell it and lose it altogether. She needs the money because he's not giving her a cent more and she's now more than $7 million in the hole."
"She's in denial, it's only just started to hit her how much trouble she's in," the source continued. "She makes $275,000 a year on 'Housewives,' which would be good for anyone else but it won't save her."
The bankruptcy stems from a bad movie investment between her production company, Sonja Productions, and Hannibal Pictures, Inc., and its ramifications have really take a toll on the reality star.
In May, a court ordered Morgan to shell out $7 million to Hannibal Pictures, Inc., after they filed suit against her.
"I woke up one morning, and decided I was going to be a movie producer. I put a slate of 5 movies together, and I started Sonja Productions. I spent a bunch of my money on it," Morgan revealed to PopEater's Rob Shuter. "I said I'd put some pictures together, and it was going well. I had a movie come out with Forrest Whittaker and Gabrielle Anwar, and we got two awards, and it was on a roll. And then one of my movie deals, it was one big misunderstanding, and then they sued me, and I wasn't adequately represented, and I lost. That's OK, I'm a survivor. I'll be fine. I'll take care of Sonja. What goes around comes around, and the universe always gives back. And I'm such a giver."
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Reese Witherspoon keeps her hands in her pockets as she tries to stay warm while out in New York City on January 3rd.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jimmy Kimmel Live's Mean Tweets Are Back! Britney Spears, Gwyneth Paltrow and Lisa Kudrow Have Hilarious Reactions
- Jennifer Aniston Stopped Working Out for Cake Movie Role; The View Panelists Get Heated Over Bill Cosby: Top 5 Stories
- Eminem Raps About Raping Iggy Azalea, Aussie Singer Responds: "I'm Bored of the Old Men Threatening Young Women"
- ‘Super Mommy' Phaedra Parks Opens Up About Single Mom Status
- Travis Alexander Never Loved Jodi Arias, Expert Testifies: Inside Their ?Below The Waist' Relationship
- Fame Over Friends: Money-Hungry Kardashians Have ‘Forgotten’ The Little People In Their Quest For Spotlight, Pals Claim
- ?The Big Bang Theory' recap: Bernadette the bully
- Snooki drops to 99 pounds two months after giving birth
- Bill Cosby takes comedy act to Bahamas amid controversy
- Kim Kardashian Cancels Trip to India—Find Out Why!
- 2014 Latin Grammy Awards: Marc Anthony, Pitbull, Chris Brown & More Take the Stage—Plus, the Winners List!
- Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort Recreate The Fault in Our Stars Bench Scene at Dedication Ceremony—Look!