Which 'Real Housewife' Could Lose Her $6 Million Home?
By Kelly Fisher Posted Jul 5th 2011 04:00PM
According to E! Online, Morgan is battling her ex-husband, 80-year-old John Adams Morgan, for more money in their $3 million divorce settlement. The Bravo star filed for bankruptcy last fall and needs some cash ASAP, considering she claims she's $20 million in debt.
"Sonja is devastated, she's considering the house gone already," a source told E! "She wants to sell it back to her ex-husband, so she can make that money off it and her daughter can live there, but he's refusing. She wants to keep it for her daughter, but it seems she'll have to sell it and lose it altogether. She needs the money because he's not giving her a cent more and she's now more than $7 million in the hole."
"She's in denial, it's only just started to hit her how much trouble she's in," the source continued. "She makes $275,000 a year on 'Housewives,' which would be good for anyone else but it won't save her."
The bankruptcy stems from a bad movie investment between her production company, Sonja Productions, and Hannibal Pictures, Inc., and its ramifications have really take a toll on the reality star.
In May, a court ordered Morgan to shell out $7 million to Hannibal Pictures, Inc., after they filed suit against her.
"I woke up one morning, and decided I was going to be a movie producer. I put a slate of 5 movies together, and I started Sonja Productions. I spent a bunch of my money on it," Morgan revealed to PopEater's Rob Shuter. "I said I'd put some pictures together, and it was going well. I had a movie come out with Forrest Whittaker and Gabrielle Anwar, and we got two awards, and it was on a roll. And then one of my movie deals, it was one big misunderstanding, and then they sued me, and I wasn't adequately represented, and I lost. That's OK, I'm a survivor. I'll be fine. I'll take care of Sonja. What goes around comes around, and the universe always gives back. And I'm such a giver."
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Reese Witherspoon keeps her hands in her pockets as she tries to stay warm while out in New York City on January 3rd.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lance Bass Marries Michael Turchin: All the Wedding Details!
- Jamie Lynn Spears Posts Amazing Throwback Christmas Photo With Britney Spears
- Kim Kardashian Posts Photo of Her Messy Closet With North West
- David Schwimmer is set to play Robert Kardashian in new show
- Madonna gives her fans an "early Christmas gift"
- Report: Sony music bigwigs 'freaking out' their hefty salaries will be revealed
- Watch Darlene Love Perform "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" One Last Time for David Letterman
- Lance Bass and Michael Turchin Are Officially Married—Find Out Which 'NSYNC Member Performed at the Wedding!
- All the Details on Hailee Steinfeld's 18th Birthday Party With Austin Mahone, Fifth Harmony and More!