'American Idol' Star Pia Toscano Officially Signs Record Deal
By Kelly Fisher Posted Jul 6th 2011 10:00AM
The Hollywood Reporter confirmed the deal, and Toscano's debut album is expected to drop later this year.
"I am thrilled to be joining the Interscope and 19 Recordings family. [Interscope Geffen A&M Chairman] Jimmy Iovine was an amazing mentor during my time on 'Idol' and I'm looking forward to working with him and everyone at Interscope Records and 19 Recordings. This is a dream come true," Toscano said in a statement.
The singer, who was ousted in ninth place from the 10th season of 'Idol', will work on the album with producer Rodney Jerkins, who says fans can expect a "big diva-sounding record."
There's no doubt, especially considering her first single comes right from Esther Dean, the songstress behind Rihanna's "S&M," "Rude Boy"" and "What's My Name."
Though her early exit from 'Idol' left some people in shock -- she was considered a front-runner to take the 'Idol' title -- news of a record deal isn't. The singer was reportedly approached by Interscope almost immediately after her elimination.
"Starting [Thursday] night, after the show, Interscope told her they wanted her, and first thing [Friday] morning, Interscope brass started calling every top songwriter and producer in town to get an album together and rush release it," a source revealed earlier this year.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'X-Men' director Bryan Singer accused of sexually abusing 17-year-old boy in 1999
- AC/DC guitarist Malcolm Young taking break from group due to illness
- Rapper cuts off penis in suicide attempt, reattach fails, report says
- Confessions from a ?Real World' open casting call
- ?Arrow' recap: It's not easy being green
- ?Survivor: Cagayan': And the eliminated contestant is?
- Alexa Ray Joel's First Words About Her Health After Collapsing Onstage
- Kardashian Family News: Kris Jenner Goes to Hospital, Rob Kardashian Not in Rehab
- Wu-Tang Affiliated Rapper Cuts Off Private Part, Jumps from Balcony!