What the Plank? Celebrities Get Straight and Narrow (Photos)
By Kiki Von Glinow Posted Jul 6th 2011 08:00PM
No it's not pirate slang or a crude euphemism, it is literally the act of laying light as a feather, stiff as a board -- like a plank of wood.
But before we delve too far into the art of laying still, that so many celebrities have already mastered, let's first engage in a bit of planking 101 -- from what we've learned there are several important planking rules to live by. One can plank on anything and everything. One should enlist a friend to photograph said planking. One must post said photograph to every and any social networking site with a certain level of strategic apathy. One should once again show off said planking skills on as many late night talk shows as possible.
Take Rosario Dawson for example, ever since she was introduced to the 'sport' just a couple of weeks ago, she's been a planking pro -- getting flat on an elephant, on some stairs, on her hair and makeup table.
"I just discovered it last week," Dawson told Chelsea Handler before giving her a tutorial. "You lay face down and you have your hands at your sides and you point your toes."
Sounds simple enough. But planking isn't always that innocent.
"I've always wanted to do it with you on your desk," Dawson told Jimmy Kimmel in an interview before planking on the late night show host's set desk.
Usher, who never falls flat, even got his two little ones -- Usher Jr. and Naviyd -- in on the craze, planking on a piano.
But that's not all, Justin Bieber planked on a boat, Katy Perry planked on a yacht and Chris Brown planked on a circle. Kristen Bell planked on a railing, Ellen Page planked on a traffic cone and Flavor Flav planked on a truck bed.
So what is it about this straight and narrow game that has everyone from rappers to dramatic actresses hitting the ground? Honestly, we have no idea.
- Filed under:
- Justin Bieber -
- Katy Perry -
- Usher -
- Rosario Dawson -
- TV News -
- WTF -
- Videos -
- Chris Brown
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Melissa and Joe Gorga Show Off Ripped Beach Bodies, Get Up Close and Personal With Parrots
- Katy Perry on Super Bowl Halftime Costumes: "It's Going to Be Flaming Hot, Not a Cheeto"
- Christina Aguilera Says Baby Daughter Summer and Son Max Are BFFs!
- Extra security planned for Bill Cosby's show in Ohio
- Danny Trejo plays Marcia Brady in Snickers spot, but always had crush on her mom
- 2015 ACM Awards nominations: Surprises and snubs
- Stacey Dash Outrages With Remarks on Campus Rape: ''Bad Girls...Who Like to Be Naughty Might Go Out and Play and Get Hurt''
- Culottes, Leather Dresses and Middle Part Updos Are Some Hot New Trends—Are You Rocking Them? Show Us!
- Hot Mama Alert! Kourtney Kardashian Shows Off Skinny Post-Baby Body Less Than 6 Weeks After Giving Birth