What the Plank? Celebrities Get Straight and Narrow (Photos)
By Kiki Von Glinow Posted Jul 6th 2011 08:00PM
No it's not pirate slang or a crude euphemism, it is literally the act of laying light as a feather, stiff as a board -- like a plank of wood.
But before we delve too far into the art of laying still, that so many celebrities have already mastered, let's first engage in a bit of planking 101 -- from what we've learned there are several important planking rules to live by. One can plank on anything and everything. One should enlist a friend to photograph said planking. One must post said photograph to every and any social networking site with a certain level of strategic apathy. One should once again show off said planking skills on as many late night talk shows as possible.
Take Rosario Dawson for example, ever since she was introduced to the 'sport' just a couple of weeks ago, she's been a planking pro -- getting flat on an elephant, on some stairs, on her hair and makeup table.
"I just discovered it last week," Dawson told Chelsea Handler before giving her a tutorial. "You lay face down and you have your hands at your sides and you point your toes."
Sounds simple enough. But planking isn't always that innocent.
"I've always wanted to do it with you on your desk," Dawson told Jimmy Kimmel in an interview before planking on the late night show host's set desk.
Usher, who never falls flat, even got his two little ones -- Usher Jr. and Naviyd -- in on the craze, planking on a piano.
But that's not all, Justin Bieber planked on a boat, Katy Perry planked on a yacht and Chris Brown planked on a circle. Kristen Bell planked on a railing, Ellen Page planked on a traffic cone and Flavor Flav planked on a truck bed.
So what is it about this straight and narrow game that has everyone from rappers to dramatic actresses hitting the ground? Honestly, we have no idea.
- Filed under:
- Justin Bieber -
- Katy Perry -
- Usher -
- Rosario Dawson -
- TV News -
- WTF -
- Videos -
- Chris Brown
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Carmen Electra Says Dennis Rodman Marriage Was "the Worst"
- Sarah Jessica Parker Remembers Oscar de la Renta: "It Was an Enormous Privilege" To Be Dressed By Him
- Kim Kardashian's Birthday: Read Khloe, Kris, and Kendall's Touching Instagram Posts to the Reality Star
- Liar Liar? Kesha Swore Under Oath That Dr. Luke Did Not Assault Her Despite Lawsuit Now Claiming He Did
- Shocking Audio! ?Drunk' Bristol Palin Sobs To Cops While Mom Sarah Slams ?The Bad Guys' In Police Recording Of Wasilla Brawl ? Listen To The Tape!
- 'Django' actress Daniele Watts charged with lewd conduct
- FOX411's pic of the day
- The many faces of Renee Zellweger