Could Emily Maynard Be the Next 'Bachelorette'?
By Kelly Fisher Posted Jul 6th 2011 06:00PM
Maynard won the last season of the ABC matchmaking show, but she and Womack just weren't meant to be. The happy couple apparently wasn't so happy -- they seemed on the rocks ever since the finale aired -- and recently announced they have broken off their engagement.
Now that Maynard's single, she's hoping to snag the coveted title of 'Bachelorette' for the series' next go-around, according to Us Weekly.
"She hasn't officially signed on yet, but it looks like a done deal," a source revealed, adding Maynard hopes to use the spotlight afforded by the show to help boost her broadcast journalism career. "She wants to be famous."
Maynard, who is mom to 6-year-old Ricki, is hoping to have some better luck in the love department this time around. She told PEOPLE last month that though she's no longer engaged to Womack, their broken relationship was not his fault.
"The demise of our relationship was completely my fault," the 38-year-old told said. "Just because we love each other doesn't mean we're right for each other."
Maynard will share even more details of the breakup when she sits down with 'Bachelor' host Chris Harrison during July 11 episode of 'The Bachelorette.'
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Reese Witherspoon keeps her hands in her pockets as she tries to stay warm while out in New York City on January 3rd.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Chloe Grace Moretz Says Brooklyn Beckham Is a "Good Guy," Would Ask Victoria Beckham For a Fashion Discount
- Man Confesses to 1997 Murder After Receiving Texts From Walmart
- Taylor Swift and Amal Alamuddin Wear Same Oscar de la Renta Floral Print Dress: Who Wore It Best?
- Tanning Trouble? Ariana Grande’s Bare Belly Tells The Story, As Diva Makes Way Through The Airport In L.A.
- That's A Wrap! Why Kris & Bruce Jenner Divorce Could Spell End Of ?KUWTK’
- Evil Bedside Manner? Female Doctor Accused Of Poisoning Physician Boyfriend With Antifreeze In Texas; Allegedly Served Him ?Special Coffee From Colombia'
- Vin Diesel unrecognizable In 'The Last Witch Hunter'
- Miss America Kira Kazantsev kicked out of sorority for hazing
- 'DWTS' recap: Michael Waltrip gets a flat; Sadie Robertson does ... country jazz?
- Dorothy Wang, Roxy Sowlaty and Jonny Drubel Battle Countless Mosquitoes—See the #RichKids of Beverly Hills Deleted Scene!
- Awkward: Beau Mirchoff Promises Matty Isn't as Naive as You Think About Eva's Pregnancy—Plus, Watch an Exclusive Clip!
- Gone Girl's Rosamund Pike Debuts Shaved Haircut—See the Pic!