Could Emily Maynard Be the Next 'Bachelorette'?
By Kelly Fisher Posted Jul 6th 2011 06:00PM
Maynard won the last season of the ABC matchmaking show, but she and Womack just weren't meant to be. The happy couple apparently wasn't so happy -- they seemed on the rocks ever since the finale aired -- and recently announced they have broken off their engagement.
Now that Maynard's single, she's hoping to snag the coveted title of 'Bachelorette' for the series' next go-around, according to Us Weekly.
"She hasn't officially signed on yet, but it looks like a done deal," a source revealed, adding Maynard hopes to use the spotlight afforded by the show to help boost her broadcast journalism career. "She wants to be famous."
Maynard, who is mom to 6-year-old Ricki, is hoping to have some better luck in the love department this time around. She told PEOPLE last month that though she's no longer engaged to Womack, their broken relationship was not his fault.
"The demise of our relationship was completely my fault," the 38-year-old told said. "Just because we love each other doesn't mean we're right for each other."
Maynard will share even more details of the breakup when she sits down with 'Bachelor' host Chris Harrison during July 11 episode of 'The Bachelorette.'
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Reese Witherspoon keeps her hands in her pockets as she tries to stay warm while out in New York City on January 3rd.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Caitlyn Jenner Has Finally Found Her Style Inspiration, and It Involves Three Fabulous Women
- Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner Split After 10 Years of Marriage
- Misty Copeland Makes History as First Black Principal Dancer at American Ballet Theatre
- Miss USA loses Cheryl Burke as a co-host
- Miss Universe pageant declares the show must go on, but will anyone see it?
- James Patterson's 'Zoo': Humans in big trouble when animals take back planet on new series
- Adorable Dad Shows Off All the Ways You Can Hold a Baby, Including the "Rugby Ball Hold" and the "Baby Jesus"
- Cheryl Burke Steps Down as Miss USA Judge, Mexico Won't Send a Contestant to Miss Universe Pageant Because of Donald Trump's Comments
- Vanessa Lachey Gushes Over ''Amazing'' Husband Nick, Talks Baby No. 3: ''If It Happens, It Happens!''