Oprah Winfrey's Next Role: High School Teacher!
By Rob Shuter Posted Jul 6th 2011 06:16PM
Oprah Winfrey is back in the USA after spending time with her "girls" at the school she opened in South Africa, but don't fear, ladies, Miss O will be returning soon in the role of teacher.
"They were all stressed for tests, but doing fine," Oprah emailed fans -- including yours truly -- about her students. "No major crisis this trip. I love being with them and talking to them about all things important. When I'm there I'm talking from the time I get up till I go to bed, about EVERYTHING teenage girls are going through. It's the same all over the world."
Oprah revealed that she would be returning this fall to teach a class called 'It's Life 101' about all the stuff she wished someone had told her about how the world really works.
"Should be fun since I love to teach. And they're like sponges," Oprah said. "Like 12th graders everywhere, this first class is both anxious and excited about going to college. Most will be the first in their family. So it's a very big deal for them, and they're feeling the pressure."
Adding that there is nothing like leaving the USA to get a deeper appreciation of the freedoms we sometimes take for granted.
"When Chris Rock was last on the show he said, 'real wealth is having options.' I thought that was pretty profound," Oprah says. "I now stress to my girls that education prepares you to have options. Without it you have none. Just took a walk around the neighborhood watching sprinklers on the back lawn ... (I love sprinklers) Made me think about the red dirt road I traveled from
Mississippi (no sprinklers) to the here and now ... And how that journey could have only been possible in the USA."
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jennifer Lopez, Iggy Azalea Show Butts, Twerk, Jiggle in Outrageous "Booty" Video
- John Cantlie, British ISIL Hostage in Syria is Friend of Prince William and Prince Harry, Features in Shocking New Video
- Gwen Stefani, Blake Shelton Have Lip-Sync Battle With Jimmy Fallon; Vanessa, Nick Lachey Celebrate Adorable Son's Birthday: Top 5 Stories
- Gretchen Rossi & Slade Smiley Celebrate A Divorce At Exclusive Party
- Desperate For Votes? Congressional Candidate & ?American Idol' Vet Clay Aiken Begs Baby Mama To Let Their Son Join Him On The Campain Trail ? Mom ?Won't Let Him Be Exploited For A Photo Op!’
- See The Fab And Drab From This Week's Celebrity Fashion Selection
FOX 411FEEDMore From Fox News Li