'Jerry Springer': We Never Made Monetary Offer to Casey Anthony
By Kiki Von Glinow Posted Jul 8th 2011 05:00PM
"There is absolutely no truth to this story whatsoever," 'Jerry Springer' spokesman, Gary Rosen said in a statement. "'The Jerry Spring Show' has not made any monetary offer to Casey Anthony and her family to appear on the program, nor will we."
The rumored appearance would have marked the Tot Mom's first public words following her first degree murder charge acquittal. Original reports detailed that the show presented the offer to Anthony's legal team on Friday morning, an offer that would then be taken to Anthony and her family -- who supposedly had to appear on the show with her in order for the deal to go through.
"The offer was made to Casey's defense team Friday," a now incorrect source told Star magazine. "They are interested. The should would get huge ratings. The family will be presented with the offer shortly."
But even before the alleged appearance was squashed, we had a difficult time believing that the deal would go through if it meant Casey's father, George Anthony had to present. During her trial, Anthony's defense argued that the way she dealt with her daughter, Caylee's death was brought on by her own early childhood molestation, at the hands of her father. Anthony's legal team also made the case that she did not immediately report her daughter's death at the instruction of her father who 'intimidated' her. It is unclear, after Anthony's not guilty verdict shocked people across the nation, whether she will be living with her parents following her July 17 release from jail.
With a potential civil trial still on the table, many believe that making a talk show appearance almost immediately after her criminal trial would have only further cast Anthony as one of America's 'most hated women.' But, at the same time, a million dollar payday may have been exactly what Anthony needed to reclaim her life -- a life that will forever be emblazoned with the scarlet letter of her daughter's still ambiguous death.
But now that the offer has been deemed as a false report, just like Caylee's death, we'll never know what Anthony would have done.
- Filed under:
- TV News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Nicole Kidman's Grace of Monaco Lifetime Movie Sure Was Pretty (But Not Very Good)
- Love and Hip Hop Wedding: Inside Yandy Smith and Mendeecees Harris' Live Ceremony
- Teen Mom OG Finale Recap: Farrah Abraham, Maci Bookout Push for Engagements, Come Up Ring-less
- Family of BB King alleges that blues legend was poisoned by manager, assistant
- Actress Anne Meara, mom of Ben Stiller, dies at 85
- 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or, top honor of Cannes Film Festival
- The Bachelorette Tries Boxing, Does Comedy, Reminds Us That Amy Schumer Is Our Queen
- Kanye West's Anniversary Tweet to Kim Kardashian Is 1 Day Late, But Still Pretty Great—See for Yourself!
- Lena Dunham Shows Off Her Figure in Nothing But Lingerie: "I Think I Will Wear It to Dinner"