'Jerry Springer': We Never Made Monetary Offer to Casey Anthony
By Kiki Von Glinow Posted Jul 8th 2011 05:00PM
"There is absolutely no truth to this story whatsoever," 'Jerry Springer' spokesman, Gary Rosen said in a statement. "'The Jerry Spring Show' has not made any monetary offer to Casey Anthony and her family to appear on the program, nor will we."
The rumored appearance would have marked the Tot Mom's first public words following her first degree murder charge acquittal. Original reports detailed that the show presented the offer to Anthony's legal team on Friday morning, an offer that would then be taken to Anthony and her family -- who supposedly had to appear on the show with her in order for the deal to go through.
"The offer was made to Casey's defense team Friday," a now incorrect source told Star magazine. "They are interested. The should would get huge ratings. The family will be presented with the offer shortly."
But even before the alleged appearance was squashed, we had a difficult time believing that the deal would go through if it meant Casey's father, George Anthony had to present. During her trial, Anthony's defense argued that the way she dealt with her daughter, Caylee's death was brought on by her own early childhood molestation, at the hands of her father. Anthony's legal team also made the case that she did not immediately report her daughter's death at the instruction of her father who 'intimidated' her. It is unclear, after Anthony's not guilty verdict shocked people across the nation, whether she will be living with her parents following her July 17 release from jail.
With a potential civil trial still on the table, many believe that making a talk show appearance almost immediately after her criminal trial would have only further cast Anthony as one of America's 'most hated women.' But, at the same time, a million dollar payday may have been exactly what Anthony needed to reclaim her life -- a life that will forever be emblazoned with the scarlet letter of her daughter's still ambiguous death.
But now that the offer has been deemed as a false report, just like Caylee's death, we'll never know what Anthony would have done.
- Filed under:
- TV News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Dancing With the Stars Season 19 Premiere Recap: First Dances Bring Gaffes, Greatness
- Miss Nebraska Megan Swanson Flashes Underwear on Live TV; Angelina Jolie Looks Sporty in Shorts with Brad Pitt: Top 5 Stories
- Khloe Kardashian Jokingly Blames Pregnant Sister Kourtney For Her Weight Gain
- Fallen PALINtician! Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin Emerges Looking Haggard In Wake Of Alleged Family Brawl ? Where's Her Wedding Ring?!
- Sarah Palin's Haggard And Without Wedding Ring Post Alleged Brawl
- Crumbling Empire: Teresa Giudice Lists Beloved Jersey Shore House & Family Boat After Mansion Put On Market ? Ahead Of October Sentencing Date
- Cheryl Burke: This is 'probably' my last season on 'Dancing With the Stars'
- 'Jersey Boys' lyricist Bob Crewe dead at 83
- Atlanta rapper Gucci Mane sentenced in assault for hitting fan with vodka bottle at nightclub
- Ranking the Awkwardness on the Dancing with the Stars Premiere: What Made Us Cringe the Most?
- Sarah Palin Goes Makeup-Free—and Kinda, Sorta Gives the Finger—After Family Is Involved in Drunken Fight
- I Know What You Did Last Summer Is Coming Back to the Big Screen—Get the Details!