Susie Essman Feels for 'Tortured Soul' Tracy Morgan
By Rob Shuter Posted Jul 8th 2011 03:00PM
Susie Essman returns to the hilarious 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' this weekend but even though she's on one of HBO'S biggest hit and works with the great Larry David and Jeff Garlin, she still forces herself to play smaller comedy clubs like her pal Jerry Seinfeld and worries about her "tortured" pal Tracy Morgan.
"Tracy is a tortured soul," Susies told me on the set of my HDNet show 'Naughty But Nice.' He's an incredibly funny guy and I don't want to speak for him, because I don't know what his intentions were, but I know as a comic, in the moment on stage, things come out that you didn't want to."
On performing live, Susie stresses that you have to bear down and keep going or you could be faced with a disaster.
The new season of 'Curb' airs July 10 she Susie tells me it's the funniest season yet!
"Larry is a genius and he keeps coming up with stuff. He has me doing stuff this season that I never thought I would do -- on camera!" Susie laughs. "I never say no to him because I trust him. And I trust his comedic instincts so well and I know that if he is setting something up that it's going to work. The great thing about 'Curb' is I don't have to think about anything! You are just given scripts and they are crap and you want to just make it funny. But with 'Curb,' I never have to think about how to make it funny because I know if Larry set it up, it's going to be funny."
For my complete interview with Susie, tune into 'Naughty But Nice' exclusively on HDNet at 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Saturday.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Idina Menzel, Taye Diggs Separate After 10 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Federline, Britney Spears' Ex, Expecting Baby Number Six with Wife Victoria Prince
- Kim Kardashian Debuts Post-Baby Bikini Body, Drew Barrymore Reveals She's Having Another Baby Girl: Top 5 Wednesday Stories
- Hold On! Sofia Vergara Reportedly Puts The Brakes On Marriage Plans ? There's No Wedding Dress Or Date
- Gisele: She's not just like you
- "12 Years a Slave," "Osage County" top SAG nominations
- 'Duck Dynasty' fam spreads holiday cheer in Afghanistan
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Review Roundup: Critics Can't Find Middle Ground on Middle-earth
- American Horror Story: Coven Shocker: Gabourey Sidibe Talks Queenie's Fate, and Which Co-Star Brings a Baby Hand to Set
- Nashville Midseason Finale: Did [Spoiler] Really Just Die? Get the Scoop!