Rapper Xzibit: 'Planking Is Racist, Not Funny'
After 'planking' seemed to have swept over Hollywood faster than you can say 'Kabbalah,' there's one lonely adversary who's standing up against those that are laying down. Rapper Xzibit took to Twitter to express his extreme disapproval of the trend.
"Planking is THE dumbest sh-t ever," Xzibit tweeted (via TMZ). "#Planking was a way to transport slaves on ships during the slave trade, its not funny. Educate."
From Rosario Dawson and Ellen Page to Justin Bieber and Katy Perry, celebrities have been laying down straight and narrow left and right.
Although the position in which slaves were transported during the slave trade was not technically referred to as 'planking' the fashion in which they were positioned on wood plank beds was not unlike the stiff, face down, palm to side style.
The celebrity world is famous for their apt political correctness but we're not so sure they're going to give up their beloved light as a feather, stiff as a board ways.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Terrible celebrity hair
- Eric Church's Grammy-nominated album 'The Outsiders' goes Platinum
- Report: Selena Gomez still pining over Justin Bieber
- ?The Sing-Off' recap: One night, six groups, 800 blazers
- Truth, answers, and other things ?Serial' never promised you
- What to expect from the season 5 ?Sing-Off' groups: A very careful aca-sessment
- Extra Scoop: Celebs React to Sony's Decision to Pull ?The Interview'
- Extreme Beauty Roundup: Why Do Celebs Downplay Their Perfect Bodies?
- What's on Her Ear? See Demi Lovato's Daring New Look and More!
- The Interview's Theatrical Release Pulled: Celebrities Like Judd Apatow, Jimmy Kimmel, Rob Lowe Are Appalled -- Read Their Shocked Tweets
- Amber Portwood's Father, Shawn Portwood, Sr., Dead at 50 After Liver Surgery
- Taylor Swift Screams, Pulls Her Hair on Hollywood Reporter Cover, Says Spotify Decision Caused Other Artists to Thank Her