Rapper Xzibit: 'Planking Is Racist, Not Funny'
After 'planking' seemed to have swept over Hollywood faster than you can say 'Kabbalah,' there's one lonely adversary who's standing up against those that are laying down. Rapper Xzibit took to Twitter to express his extreme disapproval of the trend.
"Planking is THE dumbest sh-t ever," Xzibit tweeted (via TMZ). "#Planking was a way to transport slaves on ships during the slave trade, its not funny. Educate."
From Rosario Dawson and Ellen Page to Justin Bieber and Katy Perry, celebrities have been laying down straight and narrow left and right.
Although the position in which slaves were transported during the slave trade was not technically referred to as 'planking' the fashion in which they were positioned on wood plank beds was not unlike the stiff, face down, palm to side style.
The celebrity world is famous for their apt political correctness but we're not so sure they're going to give up their beloved light as a feather, stiff as a board ways.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Man charged in biting attack at Chicago's Lollapalooza music festival that wounded 2 men
- '19 Kids and Counting' star Michelle Duggar on how she and husband Jim Bob keep the flame alive
- HBO exec defends violence, sex scenes in 'Game of Thrones'
- Watch the first 5 minutes of Lifetime's ?Unauthorized Saved by the Bell' movie
- More adult women play video games than teen boys ? will the industry act accordingly?
- Watch Joe Manganiello and the men of ?La Bare' play Never Have I Ever
- It's a Girl for Stacy Keibler!
- Why Is NASCAR's Jimmie Johnson Driving Onto a High School Football Field?
- Watch the First Episode of ?Red Band Society' Now!
- Stacy Keibler Gives Birth, Jessica Simpson's Killer Legs: Top 5 Friday Stories
- Christmas Jammies Family Makes Back-to-School "Baby Got Class" Parody: Watch Now!
- Chris Burke Reflects on Corky Character, Life Goes On, Down Syndrome on Upcoming Oprah: Where Are They Now? Episode