Rapper Xzibit: 'Planking Is Racist, Not Funny'
After 'planking' seemed to have swept over Hollywood faster than you can say 'Kabbalah,' there's one lonely adversary who's standing up against those that are laying down. Rapper Xzibit took to Twitter to express his extreme disapproval of the trend.
"Planking is THE dumbest sh-t ever," Xzibit tweeted (via TMZ). "#Planking was a way to transport slaves on ships during the slave trade, its not funny. Educate."
From Rosario Dawson and Ellen Page to Justin Bieber and Katy Perry, celebrities have been laying down straight and narrow left and right.
Although the position in which slaves were transported during the slave trade was not technically referred to as 'planking' the fashion in which they were positioned on wood plank beds was not unlike the stiff, face down, palm to side style.
The celebrity world is famous for their apt political correctness but we're not so sure they're going to give up their beloved light as a feather, stiff as a board ways.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Alanis Morissette said fame caused her to have PTSD
- Liza Minnelli recovering after surgery
- 'Fight Church:' Does modern Christianity feminize guys?
- The high-end version of Apple Watch might cost $5K
- Liam Neeson, Bono have been working on a movie script for six years
- Andy Samberg teams with Umami Burger to create ?The Samberger'
- Extra Scoop: ?Duck Dynasty' Star Phil Robertson Resting After Being Hospitalized
- Katie Holmes Looks Sexy in the City, Muses on ?Dawson's Creek' Reunion
- Joan Rivers' Doctor Reportedly Revealed: Who Is She?