Rapper Xzibit: 'Planking Is Racist, Not Funny'
After 'planking' seemed to have swept over Hollywood faster than you can say 'Kabbalah,' there's one lonely adversary who's standing up against those that are laying down. Rapper Xzibit took to Twitter to express his extreme disapproval of the trend.
"Planking is THE dumbest sh-t ever," Xzibit tweeted (via TMZ). "#Planking was a way to transport slaves on ships during the slave trade, its not funny. Educate."
From Rosario Dawson and Ellen Page to Justin Bieber and Katy Perry, celebrities have been laying down straight and narrow left and right.
Although the position in which slaves were transported during the slave trade was not technically referred to as 'planking' the fashion in which they were positioned on wood plank beds was not unlike the stiff, face down, palm to side style.
The celebrity world is famous for their apt political correctness but we're not so sure they're going to give up their beloved light as a feather, stiff as a board ways.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Justin Timberlake & Garth Brooks Raise the Roof in Surprise Duet
- Video! Brandi Glanville Slams Tori Spelling over Tori's Cheating Husband
- Casey Kasem Finally Laid to Rest 6 Months After His Death
- Jessica Simpson Models Her Insanely Toned Legs in Mega-Fringed Minidress: See Her Sexy, Throwback Style!
- Jay Leno Recalls Awkward Story With Bachelorette Trista Sutter, One of His Worst Guests Ever
- Lauren Scruggs Recalls Tragic Plane Accident Before Jason Kennedy Wedding -- Watch