Singer Monica Marries Husband -- Again!
By Kelly Fisher Posted Jul 10th 2011 10:28AM
Singer Monica and her husband, L.A. Lakers shooting guard Shannon Brown, were married for the second time on Saturday, PEOPLE confirms, and this time around their friends and families were there to help celebrate.
The couple, who have been together since 2010, were secretly married in November, but they decided to profess their love for each other in front of hundreds of guests at L.A.'s 19th century cathedral, Vibiana.
A lavish, purple-and-blue-themed reception followed the ceremony, where Kobe Bryant, Lala Vazquez and Carmelo Anthony were just some of the notable guests.
The happy couple first met last year on the set of the singer's music video for 'Love All Over Me,' and were engaged in October 2010 after just a few months of dating.
Brown revealed the couple's quiet wedding during a post-game interview in January.
"It's true," he said. "I really don't know what else to say about it. It's true. That's my wife. I'm her husband. We gonna continue to make positive things happen."
Monica has two sons, Romelo, 3, and Rodney Jr., 6, with ex-boyfriend Rodney "Rocko" Hill, and Brown also has a young son from a previous relationship.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Reese Witherspoon keeps her hands in her pockets as she tries to stay warm while out in New York City on January 3rd.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Raven-Symone's confusion: 'I'm from every continent in Africa'
- Leonard Nimoy's son planning documentary about his father
- World receives its first glimpse of 'Spectre,' new James Bond movie
- Angelina Jolie Gives Emotional Speech, Tells Kids It's Okay to Be Different
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015: Pics! All the Slimy Details from the Show
- Pics! Stars Walk the Red Carpet at the 2015 Kids' Choice Awards