Posted Mar 23rd 2011 at 02:16 PM by Dave Steinfeld
Even if you've been making a concerted effort to avoid pop culture, you know who Simon Cowell is. Such is the level of Cowell's fame and influence in the entertainment industry. A native of the UK and veteran of the music business, Cowell first became familiar to American audiences in the summer of 2002 when the reality TV series 'American Idol' premiered. A spin-off of England's similar seri...
Posted Mar 14th 2011 at 11:30 AM by Dave Steinfeld
Stephen Baldwin wears many hats: actor, author, reality show contestant, devout Christian and youngest brother of Alec Baldwin, to name a few. Today, he will add the title "music video director" to his resume. Baldwin has made his directorial debut on the clip for 'Break the Cycle,' the infectious new song by Arkansas-based pop singer Cory Lamb. The track, which will be included on Lamb's forthc...
Posted Feb 25th 2011 at 01:36 PM by Dave Steinfeld
Fans of 'American Idol' know that periodically, a contestant brings more than a good voice to the show -- they bring an emotional backstory that touches both the judges and the viewers. This year, that contestant was Chris Medina. The 26-year-old aspiring singer from Illinois was engaged to marry Juliana Ramos, his longtime girlfriend, in December 2009. But two months before they were suppose...
Crystal Bowersox Discusses Married Life, 'Farmer's Daughter,' Diabetes and Wanting to Get 'Knocked Up'
Posted Feb 22nd 2011 at 12:01 PM by Dave Steinfeld
In the eyes of many 'American Idol' fans, last season's runner-up Crystal Bowersox was a more interesting contestant than eventual winner Lee DeWyze (she at least has a more captivating name). During her spell on 'Idol,' the Midwesterner covered Janis Joplin more than once with her passionate takes on such classics as 'Piece of My Heart' and 'Me and Bobby McGee.' She also represented a somewhat...
Posted Jan 3rd 2011 at 10:15 AM by Dave Steinfeld
Kimberly Caldwell has been a familiar face in pop culture since she made the top 10 during the second season of 'American Idol' -- a season that produced Ruben Studdard, Clay Aiken and Kimberly Locke, among others. Since that time, the Texas native and former beauty pageant winner has released the occasional single and worked as an entertainment correspondent on various TV shows. Back in 1995, s...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Hilary Duff's Favorite Mother-Son Activity: 'I've Been Trying to Get Him Into Cooking'
- Giuliana Rancic: 'I Was Called Ugly My Entire Life'
- American Idol: Who Slayed a Kelly Clarkson Song?
- Scott Weiland & the Wildabouts' guitarist Jeremy Brown dies at 34
- 'Brooklyn 99' star Chelsea Peretti helped broke ball player
- Tom Hanks' son Chet Haze threatens Howard Stern
- Zayn Malik Doesn't Look Like He's Missing One Direction One Bit While on Vacation With Perrie Edwards: See Their PDA Pic!
- Alright! The Going Rate for a Matthew McConnaughey Speech Is $135,000
- Prince Harry, aka Captain Wales, Gets Ready to Return to Army Duty One Last Time—in Australia: All the Details!