Posted Feb 23rd 2011 at 03:15 PM by Steve Baltin
When it comes to spotting pop music, Johnny Wright's track record is one of the best. Now, the man that helped launch the careers of Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears and the Jonas Brothers is ready to prove that to the world with his new Internet talent search, 'On the Spot.' PopEater spoke with Wright about the show, why the Jonas Brothers would be good mentors for young talent and how boy...
Posted Feb 13th 2011 at 11:30 AM by Steve Baltin
With music industry titans like Clive Davis hosting and David Geffen receiving the Industry Icon Award, Davis' annual pre-Grammy gala surely had a lot of star presence from across the generations in music and when Popeater first walked into ballroom at the Beverly Hilton Hotel and saw two legends--Neil Young chatting with Quincy Jones--we were so not disappointed. And the rest of the room...
Posted Feb 12th 2011 at 04:05 PM by Steve Baltin
The hottest party of Grammy week is unquestionably Clive Davis' annual pre-Grammy soiree, an event that over the years has featured the likes of Alicia Keys, Paul McCartney, a comeback performance by Whitney Houston, and so many more. This year, the party, which honors fellow music industry icon David Geffen, again promises to be spectacular with Janelle Monáe, Cee-Lo Green, and many more...
Posted Feb 12th 2011 at 03:45 PM by Steve Baltin
If you're gonna throw a party for Barbra Streisand it better be big. Everything about Streisand, from her iconic voice to her outspokeness over the years, has a grandness to it and last night's 21st annual MusiCares Dinner, where Streisand was honored as part of Grammy Week as the organization's person of the year, was Babs-fitting. From a video tribute by her friend former President Bill...
Skylar Grey Releases Original Version of Rihanna and Eminem Hit 'Love The Way You Lie' -- Song Premiere
Posted Feb 1st 2011 at 11:00 AM by Steve Baltin
Most people have yet to learn the name Skylar Grey, but PopEater promises you've heard her work. The talented songwriter penned all three parts of the Grammy-nominated Eminem and Rihanna smash, 'Love the Way You Lie,' and sings on tracks like the Diddy and Dirty Money collaboration 'Coming Home' and the current Dr. Dre and Eminem single, 'I Need a Doctor.' Despite her Grammy nods for...
Posted Jan 24th 2011 at 10:15 AM by Steve Baltin
Better Than Ezra were certified pop/rock stars in the '90s, with songs like 'Good' and 'Desperately Wanting' leading the band to the top of the charts, and not surprisingly, frontman Kevin Griffin sees a lot of those fans in the audience today when Better Than Ezra hits the stage. "I think it's late 20s and up, in general just the people who were there in the '90s when Better Than Ezra was the big...
Popeater Hot Topics
- The Voice's Top 10 Is Revealed in Dramatic - and Confusing - Fashion
- Get the Look: Whitney Port's Pretty Dinner Table
- The Wahlberg Family's Boston Marathon Photo Diary
- Editor says Gabriel Garcia Marquez left unpublished manuscript
- Letterman welcomes successor Colbert for first time since announcing retirement
- Christian band MercyMe opens up about abuse, God and new album
- ?Supernatural' recap: Killing things that need killing
- ?Agents of SHIELD' react: A little night music
- ?Mindy Project' recap: An officer and a gynecologist
- Teen Mom 2's Kailyn Lowry Talks Living in a Homeless Shelter: "I Didn't Want My Son to Be Taken Away From Me"
- Glee's Touching Tribute to Cory Monteith, Death and Deception on Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. and More OMG TV Moments!
- Chef Candice Kumai's Favorite Healthy Juice & Smoothie Recipes for Earth Day