- By Christo Varghese Posted Jun 28th 2011 at 05:15 AMRussell Brand and Kristen Wiig have been named PETA's (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrities of 2011.
On PETA's official website, comedians Brand and Wigg were said to have captured the hearts of many with their comedic charm and compassionate choices.
Brand, who has been a vegetarian since age 14, told PETA, "You shouldn't eat animals, it's mean to them."
UsMagazine.com is reporting that in an appearance on Live! With Regis and Kelly, the 36-year-old actor made it clear that fish was not a part of his diet.
When asked by Ripa if he took fish oil to stay sharp, Brand replied, "I'm vegetarian. I think it's cruel to squeeze oil out of a fish... Cause they're lovely little guys, aren't they?"
- By Rob Shuter Posted Apr 20th 2011 at 09:45 AMTo mark her 1000th episode, Martha Stewart gives viewers a behind-the-scenes look at what makes her eponymous talk show tick, but -- surprise! -- we beat her to the punch. Sort of. On Monday the great lifestyle guru let us meander through the set of the Hallmark Channel's 'The Martha Stewart Show' to get a closer look at the Emmy-winning hit.
From the impeccably clean kitchen to her own personal on-set green house, everything you see on the show is as real as it gets and up to Martha's notoriously high standards.
- By Nicki Gostin Posted Apr 14th 2011 at 04:10 PMThere are people who love the force of nature that is Gwyneth Paltrow -- working mom, actress, cookbook author, lifestyle guru, distributor of GOOP -- and there are those who absolutely hate the girl. The Oscar winner, 38, is here to deliver her theory on naysayers: folks are "pissed off" because she's driven and unafraid of change, while they're not. "It's easier to not change, not do something good for you, not work on your relationship, not make yourself a meal, not work out," she tells PopEater. "Everything in my life that's good is because I worked my ass off to get it and to maintain it."
That life of hers is good indeed, and in our full chat, Mrs. Chris Martin reveals she's still "mulling over" a music career after a recent bout of hit-making, talks about her inspiration for writing the new cookbook 'My Father's Daughter,' and has a few laughs about recent rumors hitting the tabloids: 1. She hooked up with 'Glee's' Matthew Morrison, and 2. She's pulling an Oprah and starting a magazine.
"Matthew's become a really good friend of mine," she admits. "It's funny, the press likes to write things. They say I'm starting a food magazine but it's like, the truth is I don't have time to get a blow dry, how am I going to start a food magazine?"
- By Rob Shuter Posted Apr 14th 2011 at 12:15 PM
EXCLUSIVE: Kimora Lee Simmons shocked everyone recently when she hit the red carpet 25 lbs lighter, but now she's ready to reveal how she and other famous stars lose that kind of weight.
"By not eating a whole lot," Kimora half-jokingly tells me. "But I don't like to tell the kids that so they think they shouldn't eat. No, I watch my portions, and I eat leaner proteins and vegetables and stuff like that."
The gorgeous Missouri native was in a giving mood during our afternoon rendezvous, so she listed her food intake for the entire day.
- By John Mitchell Posted Apr 14th 2011 at 11:08 AMFrom her buzzed-about guest-starring role on 'Glee' to her new cookbook, 'My Father's Daughter,' Gwyneth Paltrow is all but inescapable these days.
The 'Country Strong' actress, who recently landed a record deal, graces the latest cover of SELF magazine to talk about something she has become synonymous with: healthy living. She already extols the virtues of eating right and exercise on her lifestyle website GOOP, but with 'My Father's Daughter,' she's taking it a step further, providing readers with the essentials to a well-stocked pantry and sharing recipes meant to celebrate "family and togetherness."
Asked if she is in the best shape of her life, Paltrow told SELF, "Yes. I never thought that I'd be considered to have a good body. I was bony up top and kind of dumpy on the bottom. But my trainer, Tracy Anderson, completely changed my legs, butt, arms and stomach. I feel better than ever, too."
- By Sarah Crow Posted Apr 11th 2011 at 10:00 AMNatalie Portman's pregnancy has brought about some interesting cravings for the health-conscious mom-to-be.
The former self-proclaimed "vegan activist" realized that continuing to live free of all animal products no longer suited her, Us Weekly reports.
Portman, who adopted a vegan diet after reading Jonathan Safran Foer's book, 'Eating Animals,' told Atlanta's Q100 Bert Show, "I actually went back to being vegetarian when I became pregnant, just because I felt like I wanted that stuff. I was listening to my body to have eggs and dairy and that sort of stuff."
- By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 8th 2011 at 05:32 PMYou weren't imagining things, folks. That was indeed PopEater's own 'Naughty But Nice' columnist Rob Shuter chatting and chewing the fat with Rachael Ray on her daytime hit on Friday. The celebrity chef invited Rob to try out a new feature on the 'Rachael Ray Show' called the 'Chat Then Chew Challenge,' where he had to spill some yummo dish in exchange for bites from RR's delectable Pimiento Mac 'n' Cheese Cheeseburgers. Thanks to some royal gossip, he earned his meal. Check it out!
Popeater Hot Topics
- Alanis Morissette Went Blonde and We Just Thought You Oughta Know
- How Will and Jada Pinkett Smith Make Their Backyard Date Nights Sexy
- Nick Lachey to Release Fourth Solo Album
- Longtime cast member Darrell Hammond takes over as 'SNL' announcer for Don Pardo
- Sharon Osbourne: I slit my wrists to prove love for Ozzy
- Melissa Rivers speaks out, making first TV appearance since mom's death
- 11 TV Drama Mistakes That Even Jack Bauer Couldn't Fix
- Best of Late Night TV: Blake Shelton & Gwen Stefani Lip Sync, Len Goodman Spills 'DWTS' Secrets (VIDEO)
- Michael Kors's Best 'Project Runway' Critiques (VIDEO)