- By Rob Shuter Posted Apr 7th 2011 at 10:30 AM
When Eva Longoria went through her ugly divorce from Tony Parker last year, she turned to a loyal old friend to make everything better: food!
"I have cooked my entire life," Eva tells me. "Food is always comforting to me. It's a place of happiness. I enjoy being alone in the kitchen more than anything. It has helped me through many hard times."
Which is why it makes perfect sense for the 'Desperate Housewives' star to write her own brilliant cookbook, 'Eva's Kitchen: Cooking With Love for Family and Friends.' The book was essentially completed before Eva and Tony split up, and all traces of the basketballer (including a photo of them cooking) had to be scrubbed from the publication.
- By Nicki Gostin Posted Apr 6th 2011 at 11:00 PMSheryl Crow is a busy rock star and activist raising two boys as a single mother. When Crow battled breast cancer five years ago, she took that as a wake-up call to eat better. Around this time she met chef Chuck White, who taught Sheryl how to eat seasonal, vitamin-rich food that would boost her health and singing voice.
The two have now teamed up on a cookbook called 'If It Makes You Healthy,' which is brimming with delicious and nutritious recipes.
How did you meet Chuck?
I have worked with Chuck off and on for three years. He's extraordinarily talented. We have this mutual love for incorporating the healthy components of food and the knowledge of wellness and disease with prevention and I wanted him to share what it is that he does. He had been on tour with me and cooked in my home while I had been recording.
- By Sarah Crow Posted Apr 4th 2011 at 03:20 PMA pregnant Kate Hudson took some time off from her hectic life in Hollywood and relaxed with pals in Buenos Aires.
The actress has been spending time in Argentina with boyfriend and baby-daddy Matt Bellamy, whose band, Muse, is touring. Also on the road? Hudson's 7-year-old son, Ryder, from her marriage to Black Crowes frontman Chris Robinson.
The mom-to-be worked up quite a thirst during her stint in the South American country, although her choice of beverage came as a bit of a surprise to onlookers.
- By Rob Shuter Posted Mar 31st 2011 at 09:13 AM
It's the PR disaster heard 'round the world. The tables have turned on Food Network star Ina Garten, the 'Barefoot Contessa,' who got caught red-handed last week turning down a Make-a-Wish kid. On Monday, she called the family of Enzo Pereda, a 6-year-old cancer patient, to say she had reconsidered, but now TMZ is reporting they turned her down.
"This has been a disaster for Ina," a foodie insider tells me. "She buried her head in the sand for days hoping the bad publicity would go over, but it didn't."
- By Christo Varghese Posted Mar 28th 2011 at 03:00 AMPrince William and Kate Middleton have chosen their wedding and reception cakes.
PEOPLE is reporting that the royal couple have picked cake designer Fiona Cairns to create their wedding cake, which will be a multi-tiered traditional fruitcake.
Each tier of the icing-covered, brandy-flavored fruitcake will have a different theme, Cairns explained to PEOPLE. Detailed piping will be used to make the decorative touches, and flowers from the four corners of the United Kingdom will be represented on the cake.
For the reception, the couple requested a chocolate cookie cake to be made by the McVitie's biscuit company. Prince William had specifically requested the cake, made from a recipe favored by the family. The cake had previously been used for the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh's 60th wedding anniversary.
- By Ben Trivett Posted Mar 14th 2011 at 09:20 PMAngelo Sosa is feeling it. The 'Top Chef' seventh season runner-up is thrilled to be back in his own kitchen and "doing his thing" after making it 10 weeks on 'Top Chef All-Stars.' The celebrity chef is celebrating the opening of Social Eatz in Manhattan's Midtown East, and PopEater dropped by to talk 'Chef,' fast food and -- because there's no escaping him -- Charlie Sheen.
"The competition itself was mind-blowing," Sosa told us of his second time around with 'Top Chef.' "You know, competing against people like Richard Blaze, Marcel, Dale Talde. I think it was just like, ah, competing against race horses. You just get better and better, and it just pushed me to my limits and beyond that."
- By Amber James Posted Mar 3rd 2011 at 10:45 AMOnly Jimmy Fallon could whip up a concoction that featured potato chips and ice cream. The late-night host debuted his new Ben & Jerry's flavor on Wednesday evening, revealing that his sweet and salty treat, called Late Night Snack, a rich vanilla bean ice cream with a salty caramel swirl and crunchy fudge covered potato chip clusters. And boy, is it delicious!
Following in the footsteps of other celebrity-brand flavors, Fallon has already started a faux rivalry with Stephen Colbert, who released Americone Dream back in 2007.
"I hope I never see that man's ice cream next to mine ... Americone Dream -- oh my gosh-- ice cream cones in ice cream, what a genius idea. He's Albert Einstein," Fallon joked to the press during the unveiling of his new flavor at 30 Rock. "Late Night Snack is an untouchable flavor."
Popeater Hot Topics
- Who Are the Oscar Frontrunners After the SAG Awards?
- Emma Watson to Play Belle in Beauty and the Beast Live-Action Reboot
- Missed the SAG Awards Red Carpet? Watch This 1-Minute Recap
- Debbie Reynolds accepts lifetime achievement award from Screen Actors Guild
- 'Full House' cast performs theme song at reunion
- FOX411's pic of the day
- ?Bones' star Tamara Taylor still loves her Hungry Hungry Hippos
- ?Saturday Night Live' best host poll: Blake Shelton brings ?Hee-Haw' to New York
- ?Grim Fandango' creator Tim Schafer talks his magnum opus ? a classic game lost for 16 years
- Emma Watson Cast as Belle in Disney's Live-Action 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Recap of Revenge Episode 14: Escape To Witch Mountain
- SAG Awards 2015 Winners: The Full List
- Lena Dunham, Backstreet Boys and More Stars Brace for 2015 Blizzard to Hit the Northeast!
- Chrissy Teigen Is Nearly Naked and Lying in Bed With John Legend for Steamy GQ Photo Shoot
- Kristen Stewart Talks About Taking a Break From Hollywood: ''I Need to Breathe''