- Posted Feb 28th 2011 at 12:02 AM by Zach Dionne
Colin Firth earned his first Academy Award Sunday night, snagging the Best Actor Oscar for his performance in 'The King's Speech.' "I have a feeling my career's just peaked," Firth said as he accepted his award from Sandra Bullock. Firth appeared emotional but mostly composed, calling his fellow nominees both "extraordinary" and "formidable." Throughout the 2011 awards season, Firth's...
- Posted Feb 24th 2011 at 08:05 PM by Justine Goodman
When it comes to movies during Oscar season, everyone's a critic. And most people would be willing to bet they already know who's going home with a statue on Sunday (Colin Firth, Christian Bale, Natalie Portman) and who isn't (Jeff Bridges, Annette Bening, Jeremy Renner). But the bigger question is, how many of them would really be willing to bet -- as in, make an actual cash wager -- they are...
- Posted Feb 18th 2011 at 06:00 AM by AOL TV Editors
Colin Firth has starred opposite many beautiful actresses in his film career. So during his appearance on 'Piers Morgan Tonight,' Morgan asked his fellow Brit if he enjoys filming love scenes. "I like the idea of them," Firth conceded, but then added that the cameras and the crew take away from the experience. "If Scarlett Johansson is laying there, I could probably deal with a few cameras,"...
- Posted Feb 15th 2011 at 03:55 AM by Christo Varghese
Colin Firth reportedly got so drunk after his BAFTA win on Sunday night that he allegedly left the award at a bar. Firth received the leading actor award for his role in 'The King's Speech,' at the British Academy of Film and Television Arts awards. The Daily Star reports that the 50-year-old actor drank so much champagne at a post-BAFTA bash that he left his trophy at the bar and went home. ...
- Posted Feb 4th 2011 at 04:34 PM by Moviefone Editors
They say truth can be stranger than fiction, but that seldom stops Hollywood from adding an embellishment or two when it comes to transferring truth to the big screen. Films purportedly "based on a true story" (or bearing the even murkier "inspired by true events") tread treacherous ground with film buffs, historians and purists. How far can artistic license stretch for the sake of...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Is This Blake Lively's Wedding Dress? Check Out 'Preserve' Clip to See for Yourself!
- Obama: Kerry Washington's Daughter Is 'One Cute Baby'
- Check Out Miranda Lambert's Home Away from Home: Her Tour Bus!
- Long lines start early as Comic-Con floor opens and dedicated fans queue up for coveted toys
- Dolly Parton on how God helps her stick to her country roots
- FOX411's pic of the day
- The Naked Warwick Rowing Team Is Back! See 7 Stupid Hot Pics of the Completely Nude Hunks
- Shia LaBeouf Arrives in Court After Cabaret Arrest, Actor His Trades Scruffy Appearance for Sharp Suit
- The Vampire Diaries: Julie Plec Previews Life Without Damon and Bonnie in Season 6