- Posted Feb 28th 2011 at 12:02 AM by Zach Dionne
Colin Firth earned his first Academy Award Sunday night, snagging the Best Actor Oscar for his performance in 'The King's Speech.' "I have a feeling my career's just peaked," Firth said as he accepted his award from Sandra Bullock. Firth appeared emotional but mostly composed, calling his fellow nominees both "extraordinary" and "formidable." Throughout the 2011 awards season, Firth's...
- Posted Feb 24th 2011 at 08:05 PM by Justine Goodman
When it comes to movies during Oscar season, everyone's a critic. And most people would be willing to bet they already know who's going home with a statue on Sunday (Colin Firth, Christian Bale, Natalie Portman) and who isn't (Jeff Bridges, Annette Bening, Jeremy Renner). But the bigger question is, how many of them would really be willing to bet -- as in, make an actual cash wager -- they are...
- Posted Feb 18th 2011 at 06:00 AM by AOL TV Editors
Colin Firth has starred opposite many beautiful actresses in his film career. So during his appearance on 'Piers Morgan Tonight,' Morgan asked his fellow Brit if he enjoys filming love scenes. "I like the idea of them," Firth conceded, but then added that the cameras and the crew take away from the experience. "If Scarlett Johansson is laying there, I could probably deal with a few cameras,"...
- Posted Feb 15th 2011 at 03:55 AM by Christo Varghese
Colin Firth reportedly got so drunk after his BAFTA win on Sunday night that he allegedly left the award at a bar. Firth received the leading actor award for his role in 'The King's Speech,' at the British Academy of Film and Television Arts awards. The Daily Star reports that the 50-year-old actor drank so much champagne at a post-BAFTA bash that he left his trophy at the bar and went home. ...
- Posted Feb 4th 2011 at 04:34 PM by Moviefone Editors
They say truth can be stranger than fiction, but that seldom stops Hollywood from adding an embellishment or two when it comes to transferring truth to the big screen. Films purportedly "based on a true story" (or bearing the even murkier "inspired by true events") tread treacherous ground with film buffs, historians and purists. How far can artistic license stretch for the sake of...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Whitney Port Isn't Putting Pressure on Herself to Plan Her Wedding
- Mayors in 55 Cities Fill Backpacks with Food for Hungry Children
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Are 'Incredibly Excited' for Their Daughter to Arrive
- Luke Bryan reaches out to dying teenager on Twitter
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting: How I found out nude pics had leaked
- Jason Aldean: Get over affair and stop calling me 'bro country'
- Entertainment Geekly: ?Super Smash Bros.' was the best and worst thing to happen to Nintendo
- Hear three tracks from the all-star ?Here Lies Love' remix album
- Keyshia Cole Arrested, Booked on Battery Charge After Allegedly Attacking a Woman at Birdman's Condo
- The Blacklist: 13 Times Raymond Reddington Was His Raymond Reddington-est
- Haley Joel Osment Says Bruce Willis Wasn't "Difficult" to Work With: "I Had a Great Experience With Him"