- Posted Mar 13th 2010 at 11:40 AM by Dino Sossi
Takes one to know one. Smashing Pumpkins front man, and self-proclaimed own worst enemy, Billy Corgan believes John Mayer is sabotaging himself, reports Rolling Stone. "He's trying to destroy his career," judged Corgan, after reading Mayer's incendiary comments in his explosive Playboy interview. "Rather than take a year off or change his musical direction... some part of it is irritating his...
- Posted Mar 3rd 2010 at 02:05 PM by PopEater Staff
Many have commented on the Playboy interview in which John Mayer compared ex-girlfriend Jessica Simpson to "sexual napalm" -- including the rocker himself, repeatedly. Finally Simpson herself is ready to weigh in on the controversy, telling Oprah Winfrey, "It was so discouraging, because that's not the John I knew." In her 'Oprah' segment Wednesday, Simpson admits that she felt betrayed by her...
- Posted Feb 26th 2010 at 10:33 AM by PopEater Staff
Continuing on his apology tour, John Mayer told New York fans that he is a different person and can't believe he ever used the N-word or referred to ex Jessica Simpson as sexual "crack cocaine" in an interview with Playboy. "I hate to come off like an a**hole ever, and thank you guys for believing that I am not an a**hole," the singer told the crowd at his sold-out Madison Square Garden show...
- Posted Feb 25th 2010 at 07:57 AM by PopEater Staff
John Mayer has been losing friends right and left this month, following a controversial (and arguably racist) interview in Playboy wherein the singer graphically discusses Jessica Simpson, Jennifer Aniston and his "white supremacist" private parts. What better way to regain fans' love than with the help of an 11-year-old boy? New Jersey sixth-grader Austin Christy attended John's Sunday night...
- Posted Feb 20th 2010 at 09:00 AM by PopEater Staff
What other celebrities are making headlines in your favorite tabloids this week? Find Out Inside...
- Posted Feb 18th 2010 at 07:32 AM by Rob Shuter
With word that Tiger Woods is set to hold a press conference on Friday, marking his first public appearance since he drove into a tree and in turn exposed his infidelity, what will his wife Elin be doing? According to my sources, there's a very strong chance she won't be by his side. Details on that, plus Mayer-Aniston scoop after the jump!...
- Posted Feb 16th 2010 at 08:00 AM by PopEater Staff
Jessica Simpson tells the new issue of Allure that there are no hard feelings between her and ex-boyfriend Tony Romo when it comes to the Cowboys. "I'm still a fan. I'm a huge fan. I wear my gear, and I cheer Tony on. You know, I talked to Tony today. None of my breakups, none of it's been bitter," she says. The actress-singer also dishes on the state of her career, the "mom jeans" outfit...
- Posted Feb 16th 2010 at 02:00 AM by Rob Shuter
John Mayer's disastrous Playboy interview in which he dropped the N-word and told naughty bedroom secrets about Jessica Simpson is too much for even Oprah Winfrey to handle. Oprah's couch -- which has been a platform for dozens of celebrity apologies and explanations -- isn't open to the guitarist just yet. Why? Because O is great pals with one of John's exes! Inside scoop on Oprah's snub, plus a...
- Posted Feb 13th 2010 at 11:01 AM by PopEater Staff
It's been an icky week for Holly Robinson Peete. On Wednesday, she gushed about "levitating" after hearing John Mayer said she was "gorgeous" in his widely derided Playboy interview. As a result, she received scorn for appearing like a Mayer apologist. The problem is the '21 Jump Street' actress had only heard the flattering nugget and not his comments about black women, his joke that his penis...
- Posted Feb 12th 2010 at 01:30 PM by PopEater Staff
John Mayer is in a bit of trouble. The guitarist used the N-word in an interview with Playboy and is now trying to recover from what could be a costly mistake. "Someone asked me the other day, 'What does it feel like now to have a hood pass?' And by the way, it's sort of a contradiction in terms, because if you really had a hood pass, you could call it a n**** pass. Why are you pulling a punch...
Popeater Hot Topics
- The Makeup That'll Instantly Make You Look More Awake
- Janel Parrish's DWTS Blog: My Goal Now Is to Win
- Why Being Taylor Swift's Awards Show Date Would Be the Best Thing Ever
- Ricky Skaggs supportive of gay country singers coming out
- Ex-model says Cosby hid behind image of Cliff Huxtable
- 'Today' show looking to bounce back after tough week
- Waka Flocka Flame shills throat drops because he's Waka Flocka Flame
- ?Saturday Night Live' best host poll: Cameron Diaz crashes the boys club
- Sting to star in the Broadway musical he wrote
- Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott Take Their Kids on a Road Trip, Then Go on a Parents-Only Date
- 2014 American Music Awards: Five Things You Didn't See on TV
- Feud Over? Brandi Glanville and Adrienne Maloof Have a Tense Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Meeting