- Posted Mar 15th 2010 at 09:20 AM by Chris Jancelewicz
When California taxpayers were told last year that they were going to have to foot the bill for Michael Jackson's funeral, there was an uproar, especially considering the singer's substantial fortune. Now, in a similar situation, rumours are swirling that the city of Toronto is going to pay for the funeral of 38-year-old 80s star Corey Haim. The actor and sometime-heartthrob passed away last ...
- Posted Nov 26th 2009 at 03:15 PM by Chris Jancelewicz
Despite all the stripper-inspired heart-shaped pasties, bikini tops and shirtless blazers that made up Lindsay Lohan's first-ever Ungaro fashion collection, the troubled starlet is being kept on at the French fashion house. In defiance of all her critics, Lindsay's controversial clothing collection has been hailed a commercial success. Her creations were ripped apart by fashion critics when they ...
- Posted Nov 24th 2009 at 01:02 PM by Shelley White
It's clear that clever CGI techs can make anybody do pretty much anything on film. Though that could be seen as a good thing -- the ultimate hot-guy flick starring James Dean, a young Marlon Brando and Johnny Depp perhaps? -- it has also ended up producing some of the most crass advertisements in recent memory. The ethics are murky. It seems okay to reproduce a famous dead person for artistic ...
- Posted Oct 28th 2009 at 10:18 AM by Chris Jancelewicz
Miley Cyrus has made it big in Hollywood, and for a while there she managed to maintain a pretty 'pure' image. But then came the online photos, one after the other, of her in sexually suggestive poses. Recently, she took a spin on the stripper pole at the at the Teen Choice Awards, much to parents' horror around the globe. Little girls everywhere idolize Miley - what would this mean for them? It ...
- Posted Oct 20th 2009 at 05:07 PM by Chris Jancelewicz
It's that time of year again, when Canada's fashion elite descend on Toronto's downtown core for another week of preening and judging. As I walk into the newly-renovated Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO) - which looks fabulous, by the way - the blaring music nearly punctures a hole in my eardrum. Thankfully they sit me right next to the Shaquille-sized speaker to ensure I won't be able to hear ...
- Posted Oct 5th 2009 at 05:01 PM by Chris Jancelewicz
Lindsay Lohan has made her fashion "debut", and it's not pretty. Blogs around the world are roasting the actress for the latest Ungaro collection, which presented halfway through Paris' prestigous Fashion Week. Created mostly by veteran Barcelona-born designer Estrella Archs, the United States' very own LiLo was invited to add input into the collection. Originally, some people thought it was a ...
- Posted Sep 28th 2009 at 04:07 PM by Soraya Roberts
It's not like Pee-Wee Herman has ever been anti-technology. On 'Pee-Wee's Playhouse,' the popular 80s TV show that made him famous, the frenetic pale-faced hedonist used an early version of Skype to talk to his pals and picked up an oversized telephone for local calls. Outside these two modes of communication, he didn't need much else. Pee-Wee's friends - Cowboy Curtis, Miss Yvonne and Chairry - ...
- Posted Sep 28th 2009 at 10:00 AM by Soraya Roberts
Who knew that a piece of furniture would ever become a cure-all for Hollywood's ailments? Sigmund Freud may have used his couch to help improve his patients' mental health, but the intimate setting of his office was always one of the elements required to get well. In only two decades, 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' has taken therapy from an intimate setting into the world of network television, and ...
- Posted Aug 31st 2009 at 09:35 AM by Chris Jancelewicz
Canadian sci-fi, horror, comic, and gaming fans of all stripes donned their geekwear again this weekend for the annual Fan Expo convention. Held every year, it's the closest thing us Canucks can get to the US' Comic Con. (In many cases, visiting celebs voiced their preference for Canada, though. So there.) There was no dearth of costumes this year, and I counted at least 20 Storm Troopers. ...
- Posted Aug 28th 2009 at 09:15 AM by Chris Jancelewicz
I don't think anybody in 1987 could have predicted the success of the new show, 'Degrassi Junior High', premiering on CBC. Always gritty, sometimes ugly, and downright Canadian in every aspect, 'Degrassi' has a longevity that no other homegrown show can brag about. Now, over 20 years later, the next-generation Degrassi kids are doing things that Caitlin, Joey, and Wheels could only dream about. ...
- Posted Aug 5th 2009 at 05:05 PM by Chris Jancelewicz
How many movie and television iterations of this classic Lewis Carroll tale have been made? There was the Disney classic (of course), there was that weird TV miniseries/movie with Carol Channing and John Stamos that used to scare the bejesus out of me, and there was the little-seen 1988 psychedelic nightmare 'Alice', directed by Jan Svankmajer. There's probably more out there, depending what ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Selma Blair Leaving Anger Management After Charlie Sheen Feud
- Jennifer Lawrence, Ex-Boyfriend Nicholas Hoult "Getting a Lot Closer"
- The Voice Season 4 Winner: Danielle Bradbery Victorious!
- Jimmy Kimmel wants to ?Channing All Over Your Tatum' ? MUSIC VIDEO
- ?The Voice': Season 4 winner is?
- ?So You Think You Can Dance': The Top 20!
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- 'Naked and Afraid' strands complete strangers without food, water? or clothes
- Celebrity Guessing Game: Who's younger?
- Danielle Bradberry wins Season 4 of 'The Voice'
- Bad Celeb Breakup Etiquette: Russell Brand, Joe Jonas, Matt Damon and More!
- The Voice Backstage: Blake Shelton Celebrates Birthday With "Ultimate Gift" Wife Miranda Lambert!
- The Voice Winner Revealed: Was It Danielle Bradbery, Michelle Chamuel or the Swon Brothers?