- Posted Feb 24th 2011 at 06:30 AM by Kelly Fisher
Comedian Ricky Gervais is worth a cool $80 million, according to the website Celebrity Net Worth. Talk about bringing home the bacon! The British funnyman took to his personal blog to talk about his ever-growing back accounts. "Wow! I think there must be a leak at my accountants..." he joked on the blog. "They are of course spot on. I know it sounds a lot, but remember, I donate a lot of thi...
- Posted Feb 2nd 2011 at 03:25 AM by PopEater Staff
Yesterday, it was reported that Ricky Gervais revealed he has been asked to present the Golden Globes next year. But the actor and comedian was unsure if he would accept or reject the offer of hosting the awards show for a third time in a row. But the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) issued a statement denying that they had invited Gervais to host the Golden Globes next year. UsMag...
- Posted Feb 1st 2011 at 03:35 AM by PopEater Staff
Despite previous reports that Ricky Gervais was banned from ever hosting the Golden Globes, it seems that the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) might have had a change of heart. The Daily Mail reports that Gervais revealed in the U.K. magazine Heat that he has been asked to present the Golden Globes next year. But the actor and comedian did not say if he accepted or rejected the offer ...
- Posted Jan 25th 2011 at 06:13 PM by Rebecca Macatee
Ricky Gervais had no problem tearing apart Hollywood heavyweights at the Golden Globes, but a recently unearthed music video has given Tinseltown some leverage for getting back at the funny man. In 1982 during his senior year at university in England, Gervais and friend Bill Macrae formed a new wave synth-pop duo called Seona Dancing. So before Gervais was insulting movie stars and honing his c...
- Posted Jan 21st 2011 at 09:50 AM by Kelly Fisher
Ricky Gervais continues to defend his Golden Globes hosting gig and stopped by CNN's 'Piers Morgan Tonight' to discuss his jokes and jabs -- but not to apologize. "I'm not sorry for anything I said, because I'm not going to apologize for being true to myself," Gervais said. "I don't care what people think of me. I care if I've done a good job, and I care if I've told the truth." Gervais has ...
- Posted Jan 19th 2011 at 06:47 PM by Rebecca Macatee
Ricky Gervais is headed to 'The Office' right here in the USA. The comedian is the creator and star of the U.K.'s original version of the hit show, but this cameo role will mark his first appearance at the Scranton branch. AP reports that next Thursday, Jan. 27, Gervais will reprise his role as David Brent, the character he played in the original British version. It was Brent that served as the...
- Posted Jan 17th 2011 at 09:19 PM by Rebecca Macatee
After trashing Angelina Jolie, Charlie Sheen, Hugh Hefner, Mel Gibson, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, and God, Ricky Gervais wasn't exactly Mr. Popularity following his Golden Globes hosting gig. But despite reports of Gervais taking things too far and being permanently banned from the Golden Globes, the funny man says he didn't offend anyone. "Everyone took it well and the atmosph...
- Posted Jan 17th 2011 at 06:00 AM by Jo Piazza
Pop-Ed: We love a good joke at Hollywood's expense. Heck, we like lots of good jokes at Hollywood's expense. But at last night's Golden Globes, even we felt a little yucky when Ricky Gervais stuck his toe on the line of good taste and then decided to dive headfirst right over it. Gervais started out by ripping into Charlie Sheen, admittedly an easy target, so easy that those jokes about Sheen b...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Gravy Wrestling Is the Greatest Sport You've Never Heard Of
- Kylie Jenner Shares Makeup-Free Selfie Post VMAs (The Wig's Gone Too)
- Jared Fogle Files Suit Against Former Friend Russell Taylor
- Danica McKellar joins 2016 Miss America competition as judge
- Hulk Hogan: I'm not a racist
- Chrissie Hynde slammed for saying some rape victims 'have to take responsibility'
- Liam Hemsworth Joins Instagram and The Muppets Series—Is He Playing Miss Piggy's New Love Interest?
- Prince Harry Insists He May Be a "Bad Uncle" After Missing Princess Charlotte's Christening
- Bella Hadid Just Scored Her First Victoria's Secret Pink Campaign—But Will She and Gigi Become the Next Angels?