Jan 9th 2011 10:35AMI doubt that the reporter was out there in the field by himself. Therefore, the real question ought to be, "Why didn't the people behind the camera, any of whom should have seen the event clearly, alert the reporter to what was going on behind him?" Not to mention the fact that the event had already begun before the studio switched to the location. If the folks behind the camera had been alert, the first sight of the reporter on screen would have been of him facing away from the camera reacting to the event. The failure here was not the reporter's. The fault lies with whomever was with him.
Dec 12th 2010 3:52PMSpot on, Red! The Schroeder bits in these cartoons were the first (as I recall) to recognize the need to add a little humor meant just for the grown-ups who were watching with their kids. Clearly, the folks who later created Pixar were paying very close attention.
Dec 12th 2010 3:48PMMine too, Jay! Yet, I wonder how much of this article is revisionist history. I doubt that there were many (if any) real complaints to this part of the special back in 1965. It's much more likely that someone in 2010 is trying to create the illusion of controversy where it never really existed. Afterall, regardless of religion, what's so controversial about a holiday dedicated to the principle of "Peace on Earth, Good Will toward Humanity"?
Popeater Hot Topics
- Vin Diesel Sings Sam Smith's 'Stay with Me'
- John Legend: How My Teachers Helped Me Cope with My Parents' Divorce
- What We're Reading This Weekend: Tales of Young Love and Loss
- WATCH: 'Everybody Loves Raymond' cast reunites
- Celebrities who saved themselves for marriage
- FOX411's pic of the day
- ?Mindy Project' star Adam Pally reveals which celeb sex tape he owns
- Recast ?Game of Thrones' princess posts hilarious video reaction
- Chris Martin Tries to Explain His Relationship With Ex Gwyneth Paltrow: "We're Friends and Proud Parents"
- Beyoncé's Braids, Lindsay Lohan as a Disney Princess and Justin Timberlake in Uniform—See the Cutest Throwback Pics!
- Orlando Bloom Shrugs Off Justin Bieber Drama by Dancing With a Bunch of Ladies in Ibiza