Feb 26th 2011 5:07PMMarcus seems like he turned out just fine. There are not that many happy people in the world, and still fewer that get so much from the happiness of others. Seems like he won, overall. One thing I could do without though, is all the hyperbole on the part of commentors. Specifically,
1) to the poster who said Dupress benched 400lbs ten times for the coaches (at 200lbs, no less). Since the average advanced bencher handles about 77% of his max for 10 reps, this would put Marcus' one rep max at 525lbs (again, at 200 lbs). Sorry. Not buying it.
2) To the poster who noted that David Thompson would have been bigger than Michael Jordan had he gone to the NBA . . . Sorry, but Michael Jordan was a LOT more than vertical leaping ability. He is almost universally recognized as the best ever because of his ability to deliver when it counted - knocking down jumpers, floaters, playing unparalleled tough defense. etc.If vertical leaping ability were everything, Vince Carter would probably be the best ever. David was a decent jump shooter, an adequate defender. But no doubt, extraordinary leaping ability.
Dec 11th 2010 9:48PMGood catch on that. you are absolutely right.
Oct 26th 2010 8:48PMLooks like someone is trying to prove what a badass he is.
Popeater Hot Topics
- Vin Diesel Sings Sam Smith's 'Stay with Me'
- John Legend: How My Teachers Helped Me Cope with My Parents' Divorce
- What We're Reading This Weekend: Tales of Young Love and Loss
- WATCH: 'Everybody Loves Raymond' cast reunites
- Celebrities who saved themselves for marriage
- FOX411's pic of the day
- ?Mindy Project' star Adam Pally reveals which celeb sex tape he owns
- Recast ?Game of Thrones' princess posts hilarious video reaction
- Chris Martin Tries to Explain His Relationship With Ex Gwyneth Paltrow: "We're Friends and Proud Parents"
- Beyoncé's Braids, Lindsay Lohan as a Disney Princess and Justin Timberlake in Uniform—See the Cutest Throwback Pics!
- Orlando Bloom Shrugs Off Justin Bieber Drama by Dancing With a Bunch of Ladies in Ibiza