May 28th 2011 11:16AMI'm sorry but Beyonce is one of the most overrated musicians right now. I think she is a great performer, and I'm even a fan of Destiny's Child and some of her solo music.
However..Beyonce has only had 3 solo albums so far, and folks like Billboard are already giving this girl lifetime achievement type awards and tributes. The funny thing is that same night they had Mary J. Blige at the awards, who if anybody should have gotten the recognition. She hasn't even been a solo artist for a decade yet..her first solo album came out in '03. My guess is the industry gives her this type of recognition, because they give her all the credit for all Destiny's Child success as well, who came out in '98. That's the only reason I can think of. I won't even get started on Jay-Z, and again, I like some of his music as well.
Feb 6th 2011 8:33PMbob that wasn't the Superbowl Whitney Houston sang at, it was the Olympics.
May 28th 2010 5:09PMThe whole Twitter thing is ridiculous. Just a place for celebs to get attention and feel worshipped by their so called fans..please. Anyway, moving on to what's important RIP Gary.
Popeater Hot Topics
- Water-Main Break Floods UCLA, At Least 5 People Rescued
- Katy Perry and Diplo Party Together in Las Vegas
- RHONYC Recap: The Juiciest Moments from Part One of the Reunion
- 'Dancing with the Stars:' Maksim Chmerkovskiy won't return as a dancer
- 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' promotional tweet criticized for 9/11 resemblance
- 'Deadliest Catch's' Keith Colburn: Washington politics hurt my business
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li