Feb 10th 2011 9:08AMDON'T DO IT!!! The awful damage can take YEARS to be undone.
I'm a w/f with thick, healthy, naturally wavy hair. Got tired of having to "work with" my hair every morning. So, I had my hair "chemically straightened" at my salon (about 10 years ago.)
My TRUSTED stylist claimed she knew exactly what she was doing. A few days later, hair started breaking off, at the scalp level, every time I washed it or brushed it.
Of course I went back to the salon. My stylist pretended she couldn't notice a problem...until I made her run her fingers through my scalp. There was nothing she could do to "fix" it. It felt like a partial "crew cut" on several areas of the scalp. The damage got worse every day for weeks & weeks! It was awful.
It took many, many years for all of the broken hair to grow back out to its normal length. Until 2 years ago, I wouldn't even GO to a stylist at all. Didn't trust ANY of them & just trimmed/colored my own hair at home. Now I've found a great salon & stylist but will never, ever have her chemically straighten my hair.
A good quality ceramic straightener, and heat protection applied to the hair, often do a MUCH better job than that chemical straightening.
Jan 23rd 2011 10:24PMI thought this Real Housewives show would be interesting & fun to watch. Had no idea it would turn into one fight after another! All the "fights" seem to occur when the "ladies" are drinking alcohol. 4 out of 6 of them appear to be alcoholics or at least have some kind of drinking problem. (My husband insists at least two of them appear to be drug users but I've never seen anything of that nature on the show. Just lots & lots of boozing.)
Dec 13th 2008 1:48AMIt's kind of like watching "Leave It to Beaver." Except "June and Ward Cleaver," unlike Jim and Michelle, actually knew and remembered the names of their own kids!
Oh yeah and they let thier kids, "Wally" and "Beaver," live normal lives...like going to school, making friends with other kids their own age and having some fun in their lives.
Oh yeah...and the Cleavers were a lot more interesting to watch than the Duggars.
Popeater Hot Topics
- The Leftovers Recap: It's Open Season on the Guilty Remnant
- Is There a Cure for Hep-V on True Blood?
- Botched Recap: Meet the Woman with the Collapsible Breast
- 'Lucy' tops 'Hercules' with $44M at the box office
- Casey Kasem's kids think wife has boyfriend in Montreal; may have dad's body there on ice
- Joan Rivers slams Selena Gomez for ?Pray for Gaza' post
- A Potential Cure on True Blood, A Family Sacrifice on Witches of East End & More OMG TV Moments
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Star Brandi Glanville Launching New Wine, Wants Your Input
- Botched Before and After: Breast Cancer Survivor, Boob Implant Headache and Much More—See the Pics!