Oct 27th 2011 7:31PMIts all in scale. We had a log cabin (complete with breeze that blew through the cracks in the walls) and swing set for our kids - cost about 1,000 dollars total, and Grandmother helped out big time to buy it. Our kids learned so much from those two "toys", and it did keep them away from the tv and outside and using their imagination and getting exercise. So, I understand where the lady in the article is coming from. If you have the money, you will be spending a lot of it on your kids, its human nature.
Hopefully, the rich are also donating to charities, and making decisions in their corporate lives (if they work there) that benefit the less fortunate, and the environment). But, that's not what this article is about. Its about high end play houses. Yes, the prices are unreal ... but, those who are very rich (not me!), are living in a different world.
Apr 6th 2011 7:34PMAmazing story - you are doing a wonderful job helping the survivors in a way that really matters! What a giant heart you have!
Apr 2nd 2011 11:47PMJust dropped in to see your video because of the little debbie headline - and was surprised to see that you're in CU (my hometown, and where my hubbie and met when at the U of I). When our children were small, I would swim, or take walks. But, I have found the easiest way to get exercise when children are small, is to put music on and dance (after doing some warmups first). If the kids are sleeping, use headphones.
Reading the article and seeing your video sure brought back memories! Our kids are 22 and 26 now!
Popeater Hot Topics
- The Leftovers Recap: It's Open Season on the Guilty Remnant
- Is There a Cure for Hep-V on True Blood?
- Botched Recap: Meet the Woman with the Collapsible Breast
- 'Lucy' tops 'Hercules' with $44M at the box office
- Casey Kasem's kids think wife has boyfriend in Montreal; may have dad's body there on ice
- Joan Rivers slams Selena Gomez for ?Pray for Gaza' post
- A Potential Cure on True Blood, A Family Sacrifice on Witches of East End & More OMG TV Moments
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Star Brandi Glanville Launching New Wine, Wants Your Input
- Botched Before and After: Breast Cancer Survivor, Boob Implant Headache and Much More—See the Pics!