Jun 24th 2009 3:46PMJayandtiti - you have every right to believe whatsoever you choose. No one should shove religion don't your throat, or what not. But what is bad about haing a year of the Bible? It's Ok to have black history month, celebrating the African American nation, yet some think it would be a bad thing to have a year honoring those who love and worship the God of the Bible. Most of the founding fathers were protestants. The US government was formed originally by descendants of people who fled England for the right to worship Jehovah without being told they could not have their own Bibles, could not worship on their own, had to do it per King's design. This country as based on religion, and not any religion, Christianity. I realize that has changed over the centuries, but it used to be so much so that even witches were publically burned because they rose up in darkness to fight good. Once we were like the Hebrews of old, having our own place to worship God and be free in love and comfort. There was little evil to speak of here. But due to political correctness and the seeping in of evil people over time, this nation has even strayed from calling itself a Christian nation. Would it be such a bad thing to honor for one year where we came from? Even if it did offend some Satanists who hate everything good? I'm not trying to cram my religion down your throat, but couldn't you honor people like me, just for the sake of being civil and showing decency for what this nation once was and stood for? Please?
Jun 8th 2009 5:46PMWord. Kelly. Weren't those all promises made by our lovely, new President, as I recall?
Popeater Hot Topics
- The Leftovers Recap: It's Open Season on the Guilty Remnant
- Is There a Cure for Hep-V on True Blood?
- Botched Recap: Meet the Woman with the Collapsible Breast
- 'Lucy' tops 'Hercules' with $44M at the box office
- Casey Kasem's kids think wife has boyfriend in Montreal; may have dad's body there on ice
- Joan Rivers slams Selena Gomez for ?Pray for Gaza' post
- A Potential Cure on True Blood, A Family Sacrifice on Witches of East End & More OMG TV Moments
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Star Brandi Glanville Launching New Wine, Wants Your Input
- Botched Before and After: Breast Cancer Survivor, Boob Implant Headache and Much More—See the Pics!