Jan 20th 2011 11:35AMThe problem here that most people do not understand is that 1) Florida is a right to work state (in other words if you come in 1 day and the boss is in a bad mood he/she can fire you you have NO RECOURSE end of statement!) 2) MOST of Florida's income is based on prople coming in on vacation - problem here is that in a lot of countries and South America people DO NOT TIP. WHY? They are not being rude. It is because the tip is already figured into their meal in their coutry and they do not know that we tip for good service in this country..that simple.
Florida and their "amusement parks" set a trend that has been followed through out the state now in the service industry. I don't agree with it having been an Executive Chef all over the world for over 25 years. But if you want to work in Florida you shut up and put up and that is how it is.
Dec 22nd 2010 9:56AMAND YOU WONDER WHY I MOVED FROM CALIFORNIA? Maybe we should NOW throw the women down the people hole covers (formerly known as man covers to the rest of the county) and everyone that loves HOOTERS across the country all flush at once! Better yet NOW if you don't like what is going on in HOOTERS you have the freedom of choice (which I as a disabled veteran fought for you to have) to just NOT VISIT THAT ESTABLISHMENT - but one thing you don't have is the right to tell others what or how to live their lives. If you wish to do that I understand there are South American Countries (Mr. Chavez comes to mind) you would be welcome in.
Nov 5th 2010 2:05PMAretha Franklin is 1 of the greatest the ever has been - fat- skinny - black - white - yellow - tall - short - American - or European! To me as a red neck middle aged guy she put the fun in soul and the her soul in music. So all you haters out there get over yourselves - look at the LADIES HEART AND SOUL and quit looking at the outside. I can't believe that there is a 1 of you that has not heard her music and not enjoyed it at 1 time or another for just a moment.....Aretha hope you feel better soon or just retire and enjoy life as much as the world has enjoyed you. Thank You
Popeater Hot Topics
- The Leftovers Recap: It's Open Season on the Guilty Remnant
- Is There a Cure for Hep-V on True Blood?
- Botched Recap: Meet the Woman with the Collapsible Breast
- 'Lucy' tops 'Hercules' with $44M at the box office
- Casey Kasem's kids think wife has boyfriend in Montreal; may have dad's body there on ice
- Joan Rivers slams Selena Gomez for ?Pray for Gaza' post
- A Potential Cure on True Blood, A Family Sacrifice on Witches of East End & More OMG TV Moments
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Star Brandi Glanville Launching New Wine, Wants Your Input
- Botched Before and After: Breast Cancer Survivor, Boob Implant Headache and Much More—See the Pics!