Jan 19th 2011 4:10PMI live in Memphis and this is a travesty. The truth is that we have some major problems in this country. 1) we have taken morality out of schools. It may seem harsh and maybe it didn't stop it altogether, but the ostracism of young girls who got pregnant may have worked a whole lot better than the wide spread acceptance of teenage pregnancy. 2) The media, tv, songs, etc have all glamorized having children young. We have shows on MTV titled 16 and pregnant. 3) The general acceptance of welfare. By allowing teen mothers on welfare we prepuate the cycle. We have an entire school program designed for teen mothers. At least these girls are hoping to get an education. But we, as a society, should take a close look at what has allowed for this distrubing trend in teen pregnancy.
Jan 19th 2011 3:36PMFor those of you who are misguided enough to think that this was a one-time incident of Calipari's -- rest assured it was not. On more than one occasion back in Memphis - Calipari had to applogize to the crowd because of his offensive language that could be heard by adults and children alike. Regardless of whether your like Calipari or not - let's not pretend that he is a saint.
Apr 12th 2010 4:30PMGood to know that Emma Roberts lives in the real world where we can all afford Chanel and whatever other label she name dropped. However, for those of us puny mortals who don't live in the la la land -- well continue to shop at Target and wear the same clothes she wears for a fraction of the price.
Popeater Hot Topics
- Water-Main Break Floods UCLA, At Least 5 People Rescued
- Katy Perry and Diplo Party Together in Las Vegas
- RHONYC Recap: The Juiciest Moments from Part One of the Reunion
- 'Dancing with the Stars:' Maksim Chmerkovskiy won't return as a dancer
- 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' promotional tweet criticized for 9/11 resemblance
- 'Deadliest Catch's' Keith Colburn: Washington politics hurt my business
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li