Mar 29th 2011 8:24AMFormer teacher in a H.S. here (20 yrs.). I would tell teens (re: HIV infection) that they NEED to remember that if / when they "sleep" with someone that they're "sleeping" with all their partner's PAST partners for the last 10 YEARS as well ! THAT'S how long HIV can remain dormant in us. Let me tell ya - THAT fact woke them up ! Remember when YOU were a teen ? You'd feel as if you were going to live FOREVER ! "Death" is a long way off to teens ! Well, HIV brought that concept to a different level for many of them. And parents - don't delay discussing sexual relations with them either. They'll find it on line or via their peers whether you bring it up or not ! It'll demonstrate to them that you're more informed than they anticipated. It can also raise their "trust" in you to discuss various issues. AND their peers don't always have the correct information. So, take a deep breath and start talkin' ! You won't regret it in the long run.
Nov 17th 2010 8:34PMDeath of a friend,loved one,family member,etc. can make some of us emotionally frail. I'm not condoning what Tony Danza did but I feel that I DO understand that he did this spontaneously. It was a knee jerk reaction. Wasn't planned. Wasn't intentional. He was probably just overwhelmed over the loss. If / when he apologizes I sincerely hope THAT story gets similar coverage.
Sep 8th 2010 5:30PMLong story short - I was a teacher of the handicapped for 20 yrs. I got my start, however, working as a volunteer aide for the mentally retarded while visiting the Willowbrook State School with Geraldo in 1972. So,I want to express my gratitude to him since he was instrumental in helping me choose my vocation and I have no regrets in doing so. I had to resign in 1998,however,since I had surgery that put ME on disability. The "lesson" : always explore avenues that help you narrow down your vocational choices 'cause you're "married" to that vocation for the rest of whatever.
Popeater Hot Topics
- The Leftovers Recap: It's Open Season on the Guilty Remnant
- Is There a Cure for Hep-V on True Blood?
- Botched Recap: Meet the Woman with the Collapsible Breast
- 'Lucy' tops 'Hercules' with $44M at the box office
- Casey Kasem's kids think wife has boyfriend in Montreal; may have dad's body there on ice
- Joan Rivers slams Selena Gomez for ?Pray for Gaza' post
- A Potential Cure on True Blood, A Family Sacrifice on Witches of East End & More OMG TV Moments
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Star Brandi Glanville Launching New Wine, Wants Your Input
- Botched Before and After: Breast Cancer Survivor, Boob Implant Headache and Much More—See the Pics!