May 5th 2011 12:49AMWhy am I not surprised that Fergie had something to do with those awful get-ups. If it weren't for bad taste, she would have no taste at all. It's sad to see her beautiful girls taking after her appalling taste. Let's hope they don't behave as badly as she has behaved in the past.
Nov 24th 2009 3:40PMFor those of you who are Christians, I respectfully submit that Anthropologists and Archaeologists have determined that Jesus of Nazareth was actually born sometime in the spring, presumably around what we now call April. Early Christians co-opted the Pagan celebrations of both the Solstice and Saturnalia. Early Christians in the U.S. refused to celebrate Christmas because of the topsy-turvy traditions associated with the holiday in Europe (masters switching places with servants, etc.). Christianity also co-opted the Spring Equinox ritual of Ostera (Easter anyone?) adopting the fertility symbols of rabbits and eggs, having the Easter feast coincide with Passover. No one is taking anything away from Christians; if your faith is strong enough I don't see the harm in allowing those who don't practice your faith to share in the festivities. BTW, the Code of Hammurabi (1790 BCE), a stone tablet with secular laws created by the Babylonian King at the time, pre-dates the Ten Commandments. Why the problem with the idea of being good for the sake of being good? Humanism is rational, in this instance.
It's so sad to see the intolerance dished out by people who don't set a good example for their so-called faith. My spiritual belief has no effect on you whatsoever, woodsummerbreeze and stupidobamajerk. There is more than one valid belief system than Christianity on this Earth - I believe the millions of Jews, Muslims,Buddhists, Hindus, Daoists, and others I can't think of at the moment would agree. Just because someone doesn't practice your way of believing doesn't mean that they shouldn't be allowed to share in the social aspects of the season.
Popeater Hot Topics
- Chris Pratt: My Premature Son 'Restored My Faith in God'
- Behind the Real-Life Family Tragedy That Inspired David Duchovny's New Movie
- Relive PEOPLE's Twitter Chat with The Giver Star Odeya Rush
- 'Sharknado 2' recap: Taking a bite out of New York City
- Miranda Kerr tweets topless shot after Justin Bieber, Orlando Bloom dust-up
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Watch Vin Diesel say ?I am Groot' in French, Spanish, Mandarin, and more
- Elijah Wood on the celeb breakup he's still not over
- Other DC Comics characters we want on ?Arrow' and ?The Flash'