Dec 16th 2009 8:34AMIt's ten years. Assuming the beginning of the count was the turning from 1999 to 2000, the year 2000 was the first year, then, 2001 was the second making 2009 the tenth year. Because we assume that date counting began with the year One, the technical changing into the 21st century was after 2000 was over, but everyone thinks that's dumb and we cared about changing to a year with 3 zeros not into the year 2001.
Popeater Hot Topics
- Chris Pratt: My Premature Son 'Restored My Faith in God'
- Behind the Real-Life Family Tragedy That Inspired David Duchovny's New Movie
- Relive PEOPLE's Twitter Chat with The Giver Star Odeya Rush
- 'Sharknado 2' recap: Taking a bite out of New York City
- Miranda Kerr tweets topless shot after Justin Bieber, Orlando Bloom dust-up
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Watch Vin Diesel say ?I am Groot' in French, Spanish, Mandarin, and more
- Elijah Wood on the celeb breakup he's still not over
- Other DC Comics characters we want on ?Arrow' and ?The Flash'